Blueharts score 100th goal on their way to clinching promotion
- Credit: Archant
Blueharts men’s 6ths clinched promotion from Division 8SW in scintillating style with a 9-1 win over Hertford – and in doing so scored their 100th goal of a thrilling campaign.
There were two goals apiece for Paul Krishman, Sean Storey and Gowan McQuade, while Bobby Bridges, Charlie Macdonald and James Henry were also on target.
On Sunday, the 6ths played a competitive “slip date” game against Harpenden. Despite being 2-0 down at half-time they came back to preserve their undefeated record with a 4-3 win. Bridges, Flynn Krishman, McQuade and Mark Russell were all on the scoresheet.
The 1sts hosted table-topping City of Peterborough on Saturday and played some fantastic hockey to take all three points with a 3-1 win.
Nick Ross, Austin Ephgrave and Joseph Jordan got the goals.
You may also want to watch:
This takes them to fourth in Premier B.
The 2nds shared eight goals at Norwich, with Dan Drew scoring a hat-trick and Graham Burr getting the other, while the 3rds and 4ths both played teams from Berkhamsted and Hemel Hempstead.
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 6 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 7 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 8 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 9 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Historic school to close at end of academic year
The 3rds lost 2-1 with their consolation goal by Tom Wallis while the 4ths remain top of Division 5SW with a 3-2 win thanks to goals from Keith Noble, Niall Mistry and Paul Jordan.
The 5ths beat Stevenage 3-0 with two well-worked short corners goals from Gary Fung followed by a Dave Head tap in.
The ladies’ 1sts ran out 3-0 winners at home to Harpenden with Kate Sherwood slotting a quick cross from Ellie Cockburn into the goal.
Jay Livermore was next to score skilfully deflecting Sherwood’s shot on target before a short corner on the final whistle was put away with a show-stopping drag flick by Livermore. This keeps the team third in Division 2SW.
The 2nds lost 6-1 at league leaders Saffron Walden with Kate Chappell scoring while the 3rds were soundly beaten 11-1 by Cheshunt, Niamh Krishman scoring. The 4ths drew 0-0 with Welwyn GC.