Blueharts Ladies seconds go up!
Champions Blueharts Ladies second XI enjoyed the trip to Sandy for their final league game of a fine season. Their 7-1 victory ensured they met their targets of winning the division, bringing their goal tally up to an astonishing 100 and finishing with a
Champions Blueharts Ladies' second XI enjoyed the trip to Sandy for their final league game of a fine season.
Their 7-1 victory ensured they met their targets of winning the division, bringing their goal tally up to an astonishing 100 and finishing with a remarkable goal difference of 93.
This is the ladies' third promotion in successive seasons and is down to their dedication, hard work and competitiveness.
Blueharts opened the scoring when Susie Powell drove down the right wing and placed a perfect cross into the D for Gina Joseph.
You may also want to watch:
With some key distributing from Kirsten Barnett, Amy Belletty, a promising new youngster, drove down the wing in a breakaway attack and put in a superb cross for Joseph again.
In the next move, Helen Sadler drove the ball to the line and pulled a cross back to Joseph who netted again for her hat-trick.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 8 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 9 6 things to do in North Herts during the summer holidays
- 10 Stevenage celebrates its 75th birthday: Editor's letter
Hannah Ross, who was a key player on the left wing, then fed a great ball in to Sharon Martin.
She took it around two defenders before dinking the ball over the keeper, and bringing the half-time score to 4-0.
In the second half, Blueharts had a complete change of formation. Thirty seconds into the play, Hilary Boyde broke into the D and buried her first goal of the season.
Shefford and Sandy netted a consolation goal which Joseph failed to save on the line.
Blueharts responded with an outstanding performance from Heather Storey in midfield, who got in some key tackles and distributed well, which resulted in a great goal from Hannah Smith.
The seventh and final goal came from a jubilant Sarah Ince - which was also the ladies' 100th goal of the season.