Blueharts Ladies seconds go up!
Champions Blueharts Ladies second XI enjoyed the trip to Sandy for their final league game of a fine season. Their 7-1 victory ensured they met their targets of winning the division, bringing their goal tally up to an astonishing 100 and finishing with a
Champions Blueharts Ladies' second XI enjoyed the trip to Sandy for their final league game of a fine season.
Their 7-1 victory ensured they met their targets of winning the division, bringing their goal tally up to an astonishing 100 and finishing with a remarkable goal difference of 93.
This is the ladies' third promotion in successive seasons and is down to their dedication, hard work and competitiveness.
Blueharts opened the scoring when Susie Powell drove down the right wing and placed a perfect cross into the D for Gina Joseph.
You may also want to watch:
With some key distributing from Kirsten Barnett, Amy Belletty, a promising new youngster, drove down the wing in a breakaway attack and put in a superb cross for Joseph again.
In the next move, Helen Sadler drove the ball to the line and pulled a cross back to Joseph who netted again for her hat-trick.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 4 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 5 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 6 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 7 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof
- 8 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 9 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 10 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
Hannah Ross, who was a key player on the left wing, then fed a great ball in to Sharon Martin.
She took it around two defenders before dinking the ball over the keeper, and bringing the half-time score to 4-0.
In the second half, Blueharts had a complete change of formation. Thirty seconds into the play, Hilary Boyde broke into the D and buried her first goal of the season.
Shefford and Sandy netted a consolation goal which Joseph failed to save on the line.
Blueharts responded with an outstanding performance from Heather Storey in midfield, who got in some key tackles and distributed well, which resulted in a great goal from Hannah Smith.
The seventh and final goal came from a jubilant Sarah Ince - which was also the ladies' 100th goal of the season.