Blueharts Ladies seconds go up!
Champions Blueharts Ladies second XI enjoyed the trip to Sandy for their final league game of a fine season. Their 7-1 victory ensured they met their targets of winning the division, bringing their goal tally up to an astonishing 100 and finishing with a
Champions Blueharts Ladies' second XI enjoyed the trip to Sandy for their final league game of a fine season.
Their 7-1 victory ensured they met their targets of winning the division, bringing their goal tally up to an astonishing 100 and finishing with a remarkable goal difference of 93.
This is the ladies' third promotion in successive seasons and is down to their dedication, hard work and competitiveness.
Blueharts opened the scoring when Susie Powell drove down the right wing and placed a perfect cross into the D for Gina Joseph.
With some key distributing from Kirsten Barnett, Amy Belletty, a promising new youngster, drove down the wing in a breakaway attack and put in a superb cross for Joseph again.
In the next move, Helen Sadler drove the ball to the line and pulled a cross back to Joseph who netted again for her hat-trick.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 4 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 7 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 8 End of an era? Future of Crucial Crew scheme relies on new co-ordinators
- 9 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
Hannah Ross, who was a key player on the left wing, then fed a great ball in to Sharon Martin.
She took it around two defenders before dinking the ball over the keeper, and bringing the half-time score to 4-0.
In the second half, Blueharts had a complete change of formation. Thirty seconds into the play, Hilary Boyde broke into the D and buried her first goal of the season.
Shefford and Sandy netted a consolation goal which Joseph failed to save on the line.
Blueharts responded with an outstanding performance from Heather Storey in midfield, who got in some key tackles and distributed well, which resulted in a great goal from Hannah Smith.
The seventh and final goal came from a jubilant Sarah Ince - which was also the ladies' 100th goal of the season.