Blueharts Hockey Club’s U10 boys have been crowned regional champions
- Credit: Archant
Blueharts Hockey Club’s U10 boys have been crowned regional champions.
The club had U10 boys, U10 girls and U12 boys at the East Hockey Championship at the weekend, an event held at Harleston Magpies in Norfolk.
The U10 boys won their pool by beating St Neots 1-0, Ipswich 5-0, drawing 0-0 with Blue Hornets and winning 3-0 against Norwich City.
They got past Old Loughtonians 3-1 in the semi-finals before defeating Blue Hornets in the final 1-0 thanks to a goal from Ethan Gaunt.
The U12 boys finished fifth in their competition while the U10 girls narrowly missed out on a place in the final when Sevenoaks converted a penalty flick.
You may also want to watch:
The U10s boys coaching team of Steve Gaunt, Jo Floor and Dave Frisk said: “There is some great talent in this team and definitely a team to watch for the future. They played every match at their very best and really deserved the title.”
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 3 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 4 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 5 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 Sacrifices made as Stevenage defiantly answer their critics at Harrogate Town
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 10 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama