Blueharts show resilience and heart to end year with unbeaten afternoon
- Credit: BHC
Resilience was on display in spades as Blueharts Hockey Club played their final games for 2020.
Only thee of the club's 13 adult teams got a game in but all three picked up points.
Result of the day came at Hitchin Boys’ School as the men’s thirds thumped St Albans 6-0. The visitors didn’t get a look in as doubles from Sam Reay-Jones and Paul Krishman, as well as singles for Flynn Krishman and Sean Storey, moved them up to fourth in EHL Division Three South West.
The highest-scoring game was a fabulous 4-4 draw for the fifths, also against St Albans. They are now second in Division Six South West thanks to goals from Ian Grant, Philip Britton, Adam Auld and Sam Bayley.
The Ladies fifths also played a draw, 1-1 against a strong Berkhamsted opposition.
They started with the majority of possession and it wasn’t long before they had chances, Amy Williams giving them the lead after Emma Sadler won a short corner.
The defence stayed strong with Sarah Wilmot and Ottilie Summerhayes making some good tackles but Berko were finally able to equalise.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 5 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 6 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 7 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 All change at Arlesey Town as chairman John Morrell is replaced by former Premier League striker