Blueharts fight back to earn a point against Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
A touch of frost at the weekend meant that seven of the 10 Blueharts games were postponed, but of the teams that played it was a successful outing with two wins and a draw.
The ladies’ 1sts held Letchworth to a 1-1 draw in a much-anticipated local derby.
With a depleted squad, Lizzie Bayley and Kate Chappell stepped in to help out for Blueharts making a great contribution to their attack.
Letchworth were first on the scoresheet with an attack down the middle of the pitch and they also came out hard after half-time but were kept at bay.
Decisive tackles by Carol Lamey and Caz Kumar and some well-timed dives by Jessica Miles prevented Letchworth from scoring a second while Blueharts got their equaliser when a short corner saw Jay Livermore score with a well-executed drag flick.
You may also want to watch:
The 1sts travel to leaders Bishop’s Stortford this weekend.
The 4ths won 2-0 at home to Chiltern to go top of Five Counties Division 4.
- 1 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 2 Medical spa at the front of breaking down taboos about cosmetic treatments opens in Stevenage
- 3 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 4 CCTV appeal after distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 5 Have your say on future of Stevenage High Street
- 6 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 7 Youths to be questioned by police in connection with fountain foam
- 8 What you need to know about the changing divorce laws
- 9 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 10 Woman suffers cuts and bruises in pub glassing
Jenny Burr and Helen Ferguson scored.
The men’s 5ths came from 1-0 down to beat Stevenage 2-1. Joel Ide lobbed the keeper and Adam Taplin found the corner.