Blueharts fight back to earn a point against Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
A touch of frost at the weekend meant that seven of the 10 Blueharts games were postponed, but of the teams that played it was a successful outing with two wins and a draw.
The ladies’ 1sts held Letchworth to a 1-1 draw in a much-anticipated local derby.
With a depleted squad, Lizzie Bayley and Kate Chappell stepped in to help out for Blueharts making a great contribution to their attack.
Letchworth were first on the scoresheet with an attack down the middle of the pitch and they also came out hard after half-time but were kept at bay.
Decisive tackles by Carol Lamey and Caz Kumar and some well-timed dives by Jessica Miles prevented Letchworth from scoring a second while Blueharts got their equaliser when a short corner saw Jay Livermore score with a well-executed drag flick.
You may also want to watch:
The 1sts travel to leaders Bishop’s Stortford this weekend.
The 4ths won 2-0 at home to Chiltern to go top of Five Counties Division 4.
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 6 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 7 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 8 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 9 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Historic school to close at end of academic year
Jenny Burr and Helen Ferguson scored.
The men’s 5ths came from 1-0 down to beat Stevenage 2-1. Joel Ide lobbed the keeper and Adam Taplin found the corner.