Blueharts beat Stortford
BLUEHARTS overcame Bishops Stortford with the only goal of the game coming from Paul Buckland. It was the first 1-0 result for the Blues since March 2004, but they know that if they had put their chances away it could have been more. Early on at Hitchin B
BLUEHARTS overcame Bishops Stortford with the only goal of the game coming from Paul Buckland.
It was the first 1-0 result for the Blues since March 2004, but they know that if they had put their chances away it could have been more.
Early on at Hitchin Boys School, the home team were in command, winning three short corners in the first 10 minutes.
It took until midway through the first half for the Blues to make their dominance count when Buckland's dragged flicked effort found the net.
It proved to be the only goal of the game, but Blueharts had several chances to add to their single strike.
Oliver Hammond's reverse stick effort forced a good diving save from the goalkeeper while Ashley Hammond saw a deflected effort saved following a cross from Adam Wells.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 9 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
- 10 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
Stortford did come back into the game for a short time, but their cause in the search for an equaliser wasn't helped when they saw a player sin binned.
The Blues also had numerous short corners which they couldn't convert and they had a good chance in the last minute but Mike Oliver missed from close range.
Blueharts second XI picked up a point against Luton thanks to Richard Middeditch's effort. The third team game was cancelled, while the fourth and fifth XI both lost.