Blueharts beat Stortford
BLUEHARTS overcame Bishops Stortford with the only goal of the game coming from Paul Buckland. It was the first 1-0 result for the Blues since March 2004, but they know that if they had put their chances away it could have been more. Early on at Hitchin B
BLUEHARTS overcame Bishops Stortford with the only goal of the game coming from Paul Buckland.
It was the first 1-0 result for the Blues since March 2004, but they know that if they had put their chances away it could have been more.
Early on at Hitchin Boys School, the home team were in command, winning three short corners in the first 10 minutes.
It took until midway through the first half for the Blues to make their dominance count when Buckland's dragged flicked effort found the net.
You may also want to watch:
It proved to be the only goal of the game, but Blueharts had several chances to add to their single strike.
Oliver Hammond's reverse stick effort forced a good diving save from the goalkeeper while Ashley Hammond saw a deflected effort saved following a cross from Adam Wells.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 5 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 6 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 7 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 8 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
Stortford did come back into the game for a short time, but their cause in the search for an equaliser wasn't helped when they saw a player sin binned.
The Blues also had numerous short corners which they couldn't convert and they had a good chance in the last minute but Mike Oliver missed from close range.
Blueharts second XI picked up a point against Luton thanks to Richard Middeditch's effort. The third team game was cancelled, while the fourth and fifth XI both lost.