Blank weekend as the ladies are beaten
Blueharts Ladies suffered a disappointing 3-1 loss against Broxbourne. Harts started slowly and were punished by an early Broxbourne goal before they got into the game. The rest of the half was keenly contested with chances at both ends and Harts were unl
Blueharts Ladies suffered a disappointing 3-1 loss against Broxbourne.
Harts started slowly and were punished by an early Broxbourne goal before they got into the game.
The rest of the half was keenly contested with chances at both ends and Harts were unlucky not to score from a series of short corners as the Broxbourne keeper kept her side ahead with several good saves.
Harts finally broke through after the break with an equaliser from Carol Lamey but were unable to build on their comeback as Broxbourne scored two further goals.
The seconds were 3-0 winners at Harpenden thirds to end a run of two successive defeats.
Goals came from Hilary Boyde, Gina Joseph and Emily Guyton.
- 1 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 2 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 3 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 4 'No action' after sports pavilions demolished
- 5 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 6 Can you help golf star Jack on his professional journey?
- 7 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 8 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 9 Trial date set for Met police officer from Stevenage accused of rape
- 10 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
Player of the match Lorna Slack had an outstanding game and created many opportunities. Sam Vaughan, Boyde and Deb Thomson were solid in midfield and linked up nicely on the right with Helen Sadler.
Hannah Ross made some great moves on the left with Guyton driving forward to create further chances.
All the players were driven on by inspirational captain Sam Addison.
Stevenage Ladies were beaten 4-2 by Hertford seconds after losing a two-goal lead.
A great start to the match saw Stevenage dominate play and possession for most of the first half.
Their dominance paid off when Heather Hemmings slotted home a great through ball.
Minutes later, a textbook goal worked from the defence up the left flanks put Lucy Harvey through and a fine first-time strike beat the keeper to put Stevenage two ahead.
Hertford pulled one back just before the close of the half.
After the change of ends, Hertford started strongly and soon found an equaliser. Stevenage rallied but were beaten in the last 10 minutes by two carbon copy goals taken well by the lone Hertford striker.
Letchworth Ladies were without a first team game on Saturday.
Other scores: Letchworth Ladies II 2 (Rebecca Badcock, Jenny Stroomer) Luton 7, Stevenage III (Nicki Reynolds) 1 Letchworth Ladies III 3 (Sue Saunders, Deborah Wren, Julie Fewings), Letchworth Ladies IV 2 (Jo Pinn two) Vauxhall Chiltern II 2, Stevenage Ladies IV 1 (Becky O'Connor) Vauxhall Chiltern 3, Stevenage Ladies V 1 (Daisy Mould) Hertford IV 2.