Biggleswade 3 Stoneygate 43 Midlands Five East (South) While bad enough, this result could have been worse! Biggleswade had high hopes of winning this one but with six players missing were swamped by five converted tries in the first half. They worked so
Biggleswade 3 Stoneygate 43
Midlands Five East (South)
While bad enough, this result could have been worse!
Biggleswade had high hopes of winning this one but with six players missing were swamped by five converted tries in the first half.
You may also want to watch:
They worked so hard in the second half that the Leicester outfit added just one try after the break. Biggleswade even got points on the board with a Mark Smith penalty.
Things were not good for even before the match started. With six key players out, prop Ian Flack pulled a hamstring in the warm-up. An injury to Noel Dukes saw Sean Barker step up to prop.
- 1 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 2 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 3 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 4 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 5 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 6 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 7 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 8 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 9 Fit for a Queen! A look back at Stevenage's royal visits
- 10 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
With three scrum halves unavailable, 52-year-old headteacher Phil Elcock again took on the role.
In the centre, Simon Rutt partnered Jimmy Hart before the break and Taig Norman there after.
Stoneygate's fly-half started by kicking everything. But once he realised that Biggleswade were weak up the centre, Stoneygate exploited the area.
They were good at support play and ran in three tries under the posts.
This Saturday there is a friendly against Swifts before the tough league match against top of the table Market Harborough.