Biggy runners tackle Ampthill Park
Fourteen runners from Biggleswade AC tackled the challenging cross-country course around Ampthill Park on Sunday. This was the penultimate race in the Three Counties series hosted by North Herts Road Runners. It proved to be a good performance by the Bigg
Fourteen runners from Biggleswade AC tackled the challenging cross-country course around Ampthill Park on Sunday.
This was the penultimate race in the Three Counties series hosted by North Herts Road Runners.
It proved to be a good performance by the Biggleswade team as many members were still recovering from illness or injury.
Rob Morgan was again first man home for Biggleswade while Mac Mackenzie just pipped Vince Plosky to the finish line.
Derek Litchfield's season continues to go from strength to strength with an improvement of 14 places on the previous race in the series.
Long serving member Arthur Mitchell finished well ahead of many much younger runners.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
Chris Addams also ran strongly, not just against the other competitors but also the near gale force winds which gusted around parts of the course.
Just three ladies entered for Biggleswade - Samantha Grist, Anne Lincoln and a superb run from Natalie Darlow who finished in 13th position secured valuable points for the team.
The combined overall position with just one race to go has improved to eighth.
Men's scoring positions: Rob Morgan (52nd), Mac Mackenzie (60th), Vince Plosky (61st), Gavin Elliott (91st), Damien Pitts (96th), Derek Litchfield (115th), Ken Prior (139th).
Other finishing positions: Ian Skerratt (157th), David Albone (183rd), Chris Addams (192nd), Arthur Mitchell (194th).
Ladies' scoring positions: Natalie Darlow (13th), Samantha Grist (88th), Anne Lincoln (100th).