Biggy runners tackle Ampthill Park
Fourteen runners from Biggleswade AC tackled the challenging cross-country course around Ampthill Park on Sunday. This was the penultimate race in the Three Counties series hosted by North Herts Road Runners. It proved to be a good performance by the Bigg
Fourteen runners from Biggleswade AC tackled the challenging cross-country course around Ampthill Park on Sunday.
This was the penultimate race in the Three Counties series hosted by North Herts Road Runners.
It proved to be a good performance by the Biggleswade team as many members were still recovering from illness or injury.
Rob Morgan was again first man home for Biggleswade while Mac Mackenzie just pipped Vince Plosky to the finish line.
You may also want to watch:
Derek Litchfield's season continues to go from strength to strength with an improvement of 14 places on the previous race in the series.
Long serving member Arthur Mitchell finished well ahead of many much younger runners.
- 1 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 2 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 3 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 4 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 5 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 6 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 7 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 8 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 9 Fit for a Queen! A look back at Stevenage's royal visits
- 10 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
Chris Addams also ran strongly, not just against the other competitors but also the near gale force winds which gusted around parts of the course.
Just three ladies entered for Biggleswade - Samantha Grist, Anne Lincoln and a superb run from Natalie Darlow who finished in 13th position secured valuable points for the team.
The combined overall position with just one race to go has improved to eighth.
Men's scoring positions: Rob Morgan (52nd), Mac Mackenzie (60th), Vince Plosky (61st), Gavin Elliott (91st), Damien Pitts (96th), Derek Litchfield (115th), Ken Prior (139th).
Other finishing positions: Ian Skerratt (157th), David Albone (183rd), Chris Addams (192nd), Arthur Mitchell (194th).
Ladies' scoring positions: Natalie Darlow (13th), Samantha Grist (88th), Anne Lincoln (100th).