Biggleswade finish top in county event
Biggleswade were the top club at the Beds county swimming championships. The club finished the championships by claiming 129 golds, 94 silvers and 66 bronzes at the excellent Saxon pool facilities. It finished this Sunday and the competition has allowed m
Biggleswade were the top club at the Beds county swimming championships.
The club finished the championships by claiming 129 golds, 94 silvers and 66 bronzes at the excellent Saxon pool facilities.
It finished this Sunday and the competition has allowed many of the Biggleswade swimmers to gain qualifying times for the next stage of competition at regional and national championships.
In the younger age groups, fantastic achievements were made in the bagcat category Leading Biggleswade swimmers were: Adam Ingledew first, Christian Stokes second boys' 14 year age group; Yasmin Bithery first girls' 13 years; Racheal Hollington second girls' 12 years; Shauna Lee first girls' 11 years; Calab Hughes first, George Lavallin third boys' 11 years; Emily McConnell second, Kimberly Stokes third girls' 10 years; Emily Bradbury first girls' nine years; Ethan Farrell first boys' nine years.
For the older swimmers, the final competition at the weekend was the 'skins' event. In the women's competition, six of the final eight left in racing for top position were from Biggleswade. The final two were Haley Davis and Harriet Brettle, with Harriet securing the win by a fingertip touch.
The men's skins was also hotly contested with Paul Titley managing to gain third place, losing out again by a fingertip touch.
- 1 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 4 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 5 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
- 6 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 8 Hitchin Boys head to National Athletics Final
- 9 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 10 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
Results showed 165 regional qualifying times, 12 national qualifying times and 60 club age group records, plus 10 senior and eight junior club records were broken. This was in addition to an amazing 390 personal bests across all levels/squads of the club.
* The full championship results can be found on the Beds ASA website www.bedscountyasa.org