Biggleswade beaten soundly
Biggleswade were soundly beaten by Ickwell in Millman Saturday One at The Green. Batting first, Biggleswade failed to capitalise on a decent start after openers Richard Smith and Jay Szwajbak put on 43 for the first wicket in 10 overs. Szwajbak batted wel
Biggleswade were soundly beaten by Ickwell in Millman Saturday One at The Green.
Batting first, Biggleswade failed to capitalise on a decent start after openers Richard Smith and Jay Szwajbak put on 43 for the first wicket in 10 overs.
Szwajbak batted well for 63 but got out trying to accelerate the scoring rate. Matt Twigg chipped in with 46 but struggled to score early in his innings.
Only Dan Szwajbak's 25 came from the lower order as Biggleswade were bowled out in the 44th over for 181.
You may also want to watch:
Ickwell attacked from the start as Jamal Mazhar breezed to 77 and was well supported by Dave Robertson who finished 55no.
Ickwell ran out winners by eight wickets with 18 overs to spare.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 4 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 7 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 8 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
Biggleswade travel to Milton Keynes to face New City this Saturday while on Sunday they entertain Sharnbrook at Fairfield in the Beds Premier League.
Tomorrow (Friday) evening there is a charity cricket game at Fairfield.
A representative team will take on Biggleswade with all proceeds going to Keech Cottage Children's Hospice in memory of the club's long-time scorer Ken Wright who sadly passed away in June.