Biggleswade beaten soundly
Biggleswade were soundly beaten by Ickwell in Millman Saturday One at The Green. Batting first, Biggleswade failed to capitalise on a decent start after openers Richard Smith and Jay Szwajbak put on 43 for the first wicket in 10 overs. Szwajbak batted wel
Biggleswade were soundly beaten by Ickwell in Millman Saturday One at The Green.
Batting first, Biggleswade failed to capitalise on a decent start after openers Richard Smith and Jay Szwajbak put on 43 for the first wicket in 10 overs.
Szwajbak batted well for 63 but got out trying to accelerate the scoring rate. Matt Twigg chipped in with 46 but struggled to score early in his innings.
Only Dan Szwajbak's 25 came from the lower order as Biggleswade were bowled out in the 44th over for 181.
Ickwell attacked from the start as Jamal Mazhar breezed to 77 and was well supported by Dave Robertson who finished 55no.
Ickwell ran out winners by eight wickets with 18 overs to spare.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 3 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 4 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 5 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 6 Letchworth Outdoor Pool suffers two break-ins ahead of opening
- 7 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 8 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 9 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 10 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
Biggleswade travel to Milton Keynes to face New City this Saturday while on Sunday they entertain Sharnbrook at Fairfield in the Beds Premier League.
Tomorrow (Friday) evening there is a charity cricket game at Fairfield.
A representative team will take on Biggleswade with all proceeds going to Keech Cottage Children's Hospice in memory of the club's long-time scorer Ken Wright who sadly passed away in June.