Bedwell bag tag title
The inaugural Bedwell Primary School tag rugby festival in Stevenage was a huge success. Nearly 50 Year Six children showed off their skill, enthusiasm and fitness in front of a large crowd on Thursday. The festival, which was organised and hosted by Bedw
The inaugural Bedwell Primary School tag rugby festival in Stevenage was a huge success.
Nearly 50 Year Six children showed off their skill, enthusiasm and fitness in front of a large crowd on Thursday.
The festival, which was organised and hosted by Bedwell, was attended by five teams from Lodge Farm, Round Diamond and Bedwell and refereed by coaches from Stevenage Town Rugby Club.
Despite the fact that many of the children had never played a competitive game of rugby before, the festival was evenly matched,
You may also want to watch:
The winners were only determined as the final whistle blew with the hosts securing the trophy as Bedwell Blacks were victorious in all four of their matches.
Round Diamond were in second place, narrowly edging out Bedwell Blues thanks to a last-minute equaliser in their final match, while Lodge Farm A beat their B team to fourth place.
- 1 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 2 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 3 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 4 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 5 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 6 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 7 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 8 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 9 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 10 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
It is hoped the festival will become a regular feature of the school sporting calendar.