Bears visit Whitethorn Lane
Enjoy the last bit of 'summer' when the annual Letchworth Garden City pro-am cricket tournament takes place tomorrow (Friday) at Whitethorn Lane. Former Warwickshire captain Michael Powell brings seven county colleagues to take part in the seven-a-side kn
Enjoy the last bit of 'summer' when the annual Letchworth Garden City pro-am cricket tournament takes place tomorrow (Friday) at Whitethorn Lane.
Former Warwickshire captain Michael Powell brings seven county colleagues to take part in the seven-a-side knockout tournament which is played annually for The Comet Trophy.
His colleagues are expected to include one-day expert Neil Carter, England one-day star Jonathan Trott, James Anyon, Tony Frost, Jim Troughton and Ian Westwood.
Eight teams sponsored by local organisations will compete for the trophy. Games are six overs per innings, with every player bar the wicketkeeper bowling one over.
The sponsors this year are last year's winners Benchmark Fabrications Ltd, Letchworth GC Heritage Foundation, Herts Timber Supplies Ltd, Hawkins Russell Jones, Royal Bank Of Scotland, RJB Builders, Celebration Marquees and Old Edmundians.
The first game is scheduled for 10.15am with the final due to be played around 6pm.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Work begins on Gresley Park site for 600 homes
Admission is £3 with £1.50 concessions and there is a barbecue and an auction of memorabilia during the day.