Bays is so amazing
Twenty Stevenage swimmers took part in the 2008 Biggleswade Open Meet. The event attracts many national swimmers from around the country and the local swimmers once again delivered some tremendous performances with a total of 28 top medals. The top perfor
Twenty Stevenage swimmers took part in the 2008 Biggleswade Open Meet.
The event attracts many national swimmers from around the country and the local swimmers once again delivered some tremendous performances with a total of 28 top medals.
The top performance from a girl over the two days came from Christie Bays who set the fastest time in the UK this year in the 11 year girls' 200m breaststroke.
She won four gold, two silver and three bronze medals.
Christie achieved regional qualifying times in six events and a national qualifying time in the 200m breaststroke.
The other girls' gold medal winners were Lilley West (50m breaststroke), Carina Bays (100m and 50m breaststroke) and Jessica Jackson (50m backstroke and fly).
- 1 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 8 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
Jessica, Lilley and Carina also achieved regional qualifying times.
In the boys' events, top performer Jake Robinson won gold in the 50m backstroke with two silver and three bronze medals gaining regional times in five events.
The other medal winners were Olivia Hazell, Danielle Murphy and Fiona Thornton.
Excellent swims and some personal best performances against strong competition came from the other swimmers - Joseph Mileusnic, Jack Jarrett, Jack Steel, Luke Ames, Tom Marsland, Matthew Pallet, Danny Buckley, Ben Murphy, Shaun Dempsey, Georgia Hazell and Sophie Henson.