Bays is so amazing
Twenty Stevenage swimmers took part in the 2008 Biggleswade Open Meet. The event attracts many national swimmers from around the country and the local swimmers once again delivered some tremendous performances with a total of 28 top medals. The top perfor
Twenty Stevenage swimmers took part in the 2008 Biggleswade Open Meet.
The event attracts many national swimmers from around the country and the local swimmers once again delivered some tremendous performances with a total of 28 top medals.
The top performance from a girl over the two days came from Christie Bays who set the fastest time in the UK this year in the 11 year girls' 200m breaststroke.
She won four gold, two silver and three bronze medals.
Christie achieved regional qualifying times in six events and a national qualifying time in the 200m breaststroke.
The other girls' gold medal winners were Lilley West (50m breaststroke), Carina Bays (100m and 50m breaststroke) and Jessica Jackson (50m backstroke and fly).
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 3 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 4 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 5 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 6 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: postbox toppers appear for celebrations
- 8 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 9 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 10 Stevenage make Danny Rose their fourth signing of the summer
Jessica, Lilley and Carina also achieved regional qualifying times.
In the boys' events, top performer Jake Robinson won gold in the 50m backstroke with two silver and three bronze medals gaining regional times in five events.
The other medal winners were Olivia Hazell, Danielle Murphy and Fiona Thornton.
Excellent swims and some personal best performances against strong competition came from the other swimmers - Joseph Mileusnic, Jack Jarrett, Jack Steel, Luke Ames, Tom Marsland, Matthew Pallet, Danny Buckley, Ben Murphy, Shaun Dempsey, Georgia Hazell and Sophie Henson.