Bays is so amazing
Twenty Stevenage swimmers took part in the 2008 Biggleswade Open Meet. The event attracts many national swimmers from around the country and the local swimmers once again delivered some tremendous performances with a total of 28 top medals. The top perfor
Twenty Stevenage swimmers took part in the 2008 Biggleswade Open Meet.
The event attracts many national swimmers from around the country and the local swimmers once again delivered some tremendous performances with a total of 28 top medals.
The top performance from a girl over the two days came from Christie Bays who set the fastest time in the UK this year in the 11 year girls' 200m breaststroke.
She won four gold, two silver and three bronze medals.
You may also want to watch:
Christie achieved regional qualifying times in six events and a national qualifying time in the 200m breaststroke.
The other girls' gold medal winners were Lilley West (50m breaststroke), Carina Bays (100m and 50m breaststroke) and Jessica Jackson (50m backstroke and fly).
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
Jessica, Lilley and Carina also achieved regional qualifying times.
In the boys' events, top performer Jake Robinson won gold in the 50m backstroke with two silver and three bronze medals gaining regional times in five events.
The other medal winners were Olivia Hazell, Danielle Murphy and Fiona Thornton.
Excellent swims and some personal best performances against strong competition came from the other swimmers - Joseph Mileusnic, Jack Jarrett, Jack Steel, Luke Ames, Tom Marsland, Matthew Pallet, Danny Buckley, Ben Murphy, Shaun Dempsey, Georgia Hazell and Sophie Henson.