Barnstorming display as Nirankari SS ease through

The Comet Stevenage Sunday Football League round-up Nirankari Sports Sabha coasted into a quarter-final meeting with Bottles in the KLM Challenge Cup. Mark Barnes went nap with five, Ricky Case, Ben L Honore and Jasdev Kangura completed the scoring. Danny

The Comet Stevenage Sunday Football League round-up

Nirankari Sports Sabha coasted into a quarter-final meeting with Bottles in the KLM Challenge Cup.

Mark Barnes went nap with five, Ricky Case, Ben L'Honore and Jasdev Kangura completed the scoring. Danny Miller's penalty was scant consolation for 10-man Broadhall.

In the other second round tie, ProCladd continued to struggle for players but put up a real fight. Starting with 10 men, losing another just 10 minutes in, they were beaten by just a goal.

Neil Henderson (two), George Rowe and Carl Fletcher were on target, while their Premier opponents Stevenage Fencing went through thanks to Jim Bywater (two), Marvin Bates, Sam Gittings and Ross Kane.

Adam Lusby threatened a shock by opening the scoring for Hogshead. Bryan Every also hit the crossbar before Danny Huggins and Scott Mahoney restored order as Dun Cow now await Nirankari or Bottles for a place in the final.

Most Read

Division One champions Mallard joined them and will play Fencing or Pin Green next after just about seeing off Breachwood Lions.

They took the lead through Tim Smith before Adam Burnage crossed for Ali Collins to head home the equaliser.

Mallard went back in front through Smith before Perry Phillips saw red. However, they extended their lead with a neat shot into the roof of the net from Craig Reynolds.

Sub Peter Farr scored at the back post to bring them to within a goal once more, before the away team went down to nine men as Danny Walsh was dismissed but they held on.

Pin Green set up a Division Three Cup semi-final meeting with Broadhall Res after coasting to an easy win over AFC Stevenage. Colin Field and Gary Chambers each grabbed hat-tricks, Paul Ryan (two) and Sean Soards also netted.

Desperate to get on the scoresheet, goalkeeper Damian Smith was handed the chance to net from two penalties, one of which saw Ben Broadbent sent off for handling on the line, but both were saved by Dean Shakespeare!

In the Premier Division, Bottles went to the top of the table after winning at a canter. Ricky Lawrence's strike was equalised by a team-mate putting through his own net for Royal Oak before the break. Another from Lawrence, two from Warren Grieve and Jamie Drackford following up his saved penalty completed the stroll.

Yet another two from the Golden Boot leader Joel Mason saw Bedwell Athletic run out comfortable winners over Rileys. Carl McColm also hit two and Lee Smith netted from close range, while Dan Curtin and Andy Parrish netted for the snooker club sponsored side.

The mini-league that is Division One saw MBDA give themselves a real chance of promotion by finally beating Norwich Union at the seventh attempt.

Another from right wing-back and top scorer Ade Barry put them in front before James Brewster doubled the lead.

Dave Banks pulled one back from the penalty spot after Ian Mann pushed over an opponent before Richard Bell restored parity moments after the break. Si Parnell and another from Barry from the spot finished matters.

Division Two leaders Coopers made hard work of the points. It took until 20 minutes from time for Gav Acton to break the deadlock with a header. King Pin United went on the attack only for Acton to square the ball to Brad Harrison, who drilled his shot into the bottom corner.

Station were awarded the points as RD Newcotech were unable to field a side.

White Diamond Security surprisingly struggled as Ricky Bridge and Ashley Reynolds netted in their win over bottom side Newman, for whom Craig Armstrong grabbed the consolation in the last 10 minutes after a one-two with Steve Bull.

Division Three saw a surprise result as top drew with bottom. Carl Gunning gave leaders Broadhall Res the lead before defensive powerhouse Dave Coates levelled for MC Racing from close range.

Alan Widdows' strike was added to by an own goal before the diminutive Tom Kelly firstly hammered home into the top corner, then rounded the keeper to equalise.

The new leaders are Granby St George. They made hard work of it against Fox, Gary Henniker putting their opponents in front. However, despite Si Longman's sending off, Martin Metcalf netted direct from a corner before Dan Pinkerton nicked the points.

With the top four looking safe, MBDA Res still lead the chasing pack. Louis Hare headed home Darren Jones' corner before Lee Jones equalised with a one-on-one to put North Herts Celtic level.

Hayden Jones stabbed home MBDA's second with 10 minutes remaining but a calamitous goal saw Alan Mitchell level again. Hayden Jones looked to have won it with a superb lob but Lee Boston netted with a contentious penalty in stoppage time.

Their opponents this week, White Horse, are hot on their heels after another good win. Jason Butler, Ross Brewer, Jamie Robertson and a first goal for the club for Tony Palliser saw off Hen and Chickens, for whom Rob Barnes scored a brace.

* Compiled by Darren Statto Jones