Barclay's trio of national champs
The kart team from Barclay School in Stevenage can now boast three national champions. A team of 25 competed in the NatSKA National Sprint Championships at the Llandow Race Circuit in South Wales – the largest entry in the team s history. The school runs
The kart team from Barclay School in Stevenage can now boast three national champions.
A team of 25 competed in the NatSKA National Sprint Championships at the Llandow Race Circuit in South Wales - the largest entry in the team's history.
The school runs a mix of school owned, prepared and driven karts, and privately owned, prepared and driven karts.
The team had great results at both ends of the age spectrum.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel Williams won best novice driver of the weekend and Rob Goater won the Graham Keytes award for outstanding contribution to schools' karting.
Rob is the fourth adult helper to win this award in seven years.
- 1 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 2 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 3 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 4 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 5 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 6 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 7 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 8 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
- 9 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 10 Stalker jailed after six month period that left victim 'powerless'
This is as well as 13 drivers finishing in the top 10 of their respective classes.
Class seven: Jack Kemp third; Sam Beasley (affiliated driver) sixth.
Class 11: Tom Leggett first national champion; Oliver Bartlett fourth; Ryan Valentine and Jack Leggett sixth.
Class 12: Michael Andrews first national champion; Sean Glennon third; Andrew Kelly fourth.
Class 15: Ben Beasley (affiliated driver) first national champion; Sam Beasley (affiliated driver) fourth.
The next race meeting the team will travel to is at Whilton Mill, Northants, on September 6.