Barclay's trio of national champs
The kart team from Barclay School in Stevenage can now boast three national champions. A team of 25 competed in the NatSKA National Sprint Championships at the Llandow Race Circuit in South Wales – the largest entry in the team s history. The school runs
The kart team from Barclay School in Stevenage can now boast three national champions.
A team of 25 competed in the NatSKA National Sprint Championships at the Llandow Race Circuit in South Wales - the largest entry in the team's history.
The school runs a mix of school owned, prepared and driven karts, and privately owned, prepared and driven karts.
The team had great results at both ends of the age spectrum.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel Williams won best novice driver of the weekend and Rob Goater won the Graham Keytes award for outstanding contribution to schools' karting.
Rob is the fourth adult helper to win this award in seven years.
- 1 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 2 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 3 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 4 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 5 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 6 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 7 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 8 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 9 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
This is as well as 13 drivers finishing in the top 10 of their respective classes.
Class seven: Jack Kemp third; Sam Beasley (affiliated driver) sixth.
Class 11: Tom Leggett first national champion; Oliver Bartlett fourth; Ryan Valentine and Jack Leggett sixth.
Class 12: Michael Andrews first national champion; Sean Glennon third; Andrew Kelly fourth.
Class 15: Ben Beasley (affiliated driver) first national champion; Sam Beasley (affiliated driver) fourth.
The next race meeting the team will travel to is at Whilton Mill, Northants, on September 6.