Barclay's trio of national champs
The kart team from Barclay School in Stevenage can now boast three national champions. A team of 25 competed in the NatSKA National Sprint Championships at the Llandow Race Circuit in South Wales – the largest entry in the team s history. The school runs
The kart team from Barclay School in Stevenage can now boast three national champions.
A team of 25 competed in the NatSKA National Sprint Championships at the Llandow Race Circuit in South Wales - the largest entry in the team's history.
The school runs a mix of school owned, prepared and driven karts, and privately owned, prepared and driven karts.
The team had great results at both ends of the age spectrum.
Daniel Williams won best novice driver of the weekend and Rob Goater won the Graham Keytes award for outstanding contribution to schools' karting.
Rob is the fourth adult helper to win this award in seven years.
- 1 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 5 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 6 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 7 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 8 Come on feel the noise: Tisdale excited to experience a first Stevenage home game
- 9 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 10 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
This is as well as 13 drivers finishing in the top 10 of their respective classes.
Class seven: Jack Kemp third; Sam Beasley (affiliated driver) sixth.
Class 11: Tom Leggett first national champion; Oliver Bartlett fourth; Ryan Valentine and Jack Leggett sixth.
Class 12: Michael Andrews first national champion; Sean Glennon third; Andrew Kelly fourth.
Class 15: Ben Beasley (affiliated driver) first national champion; Sam Beasley (affiliated driver) fourth.
The next race meeting the team will travel to is at Whilton Mill, Northants, on September 6.