Baldock Town thankful for support of their crowdfunder after thousands of pounds donated
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Baldock Town have been overwhelmed by the support for their crowdfunder campaign - which ended with over £25,000 being raised.
In total donations amounting to £26,565 were given to the Reds, "easily eclipsing anything we could have dreamed for".
The fund was boosted by an auction of sporting memorabilia from ex-England cricketer Darren Gough, which brought in £10,000 alone, and "sizeable donations" from Sport England, Sarah Bennett, The Lancer Indian Restaurant and club sponsors Any Kitchen Ltd.
A statement on the club website said: "We would like to thank everyone who donated to make this so successful and in doing so ensuring the future of our club.
"We would not have raised anywhere near the amount without all the people who donated £5 and more. We are really touched by your support.
"The extra money raised means we can invest more in our youth teams and academy, giving them the best coaching available.
"We are also establishing a hardship fund to ensure none of our youth and academy players miss out due to the current uncertainty with jobs and loss of earnings that many parents may face."
- 1 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 2 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 3 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 4 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 5 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 6 Stevenage happy with performance and result against 10-man Crystal Palace
- 7 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 8 £50 supermarket vouchers available to help families entitled to free school meals
- 9 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
The club also revealed they now not only have the necessary funds to complete this season but to be well funded for the next one too.