Baldock Town looking to recruit ahead of another fun cricket season
- Credit: HARRY HUBBARD
Baldock Town are gearing up for the new Herts Cricket League season with the start of their winter nets - and they are looking to add new players to their many squads.
The net sessions take place at Hitchin Boys School sports centre every Sunday from 12.30 to 1.30pm until the middle of April.
All abilities welcome and they will start the year with three new captains in place. Daniel Plumb will lead the first team, Andy French in the seconds and Matt Williams for the fourths.
Kieran Lambert's third team still boasts some exciting youngsters and with Jonny Gray the new Sunday skipper, club stalwart Alistair Jones believes the club has something for everyone these days.
He said: "We have become a club where the enjoyment of just playing has come back in abundance.
"It showed in the results and shows in the wide range of abilities we now have at the club.
"I would encourage anyone of any ability to come along and enjoy the many benefits of playing sport."
- 1 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 2 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 3 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 4 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 5 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Prince Charles and Camilla to star in special EastEnders Jubilee episode filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 9 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
- 10 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
Baldock are also looking for a first-team umpire for the 2022 season. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.