Baldock's reserves win silverware
Baldock Town s reserve side continued the club s fine debut season in the Herts Senior County League. They comprehensively beat holders Evergreen Reserves 3-0 in the Reserve Cup final at Ottway Walk in Welwyn on Saturday. With the first team having alread
Baldock Town's reserve side continued the club's fine debut season in the Herts Senior County League.
They comprehensively beat holders Evergreen Reserves 3-0 in the Reserve Cup final at Ottway Walk in Welwyn on Saturday.
With the first team having already bagged the Division One league title the week before, Barry Laurence's men took on the much-fancied Evergreen.
After an even first half with chances at both ends, Lewis Littlechild made the breakthrough for Town on 42 minutes as he prodded home after fine work on the left by Ross Haskins.
You may also want to watch:
Town doubled their advantage early in the second period when sub Adam Shelley did brilliantly to beat his marker down the right before pulling the ball back for Haskins who netted from 10 yards.
Shelley capped a fine second-half performance by rounding the keeper just before the end with Evergreen chasing the game.
- 1 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 3 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 8 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
The first team finish their league campaign at Knights Templar Sports Centre this Saturday (2.30pm ko) against Hinton. The club will be presented with the league trophy after the match.