Baldock's reserves win silverware
Baldock Town s reserve side continued the club s fine debut season in the Herts Senior County League. They comprehensively beat holders Evergreen Reserves 3-0 in the Reserve Cup final at Ottway Walk in Welwyn on Saturday. With the first team having alread
Baldock Town's reserve side continued the club's fine debut season in the Herts Senior County League.
They comprehensively beat holders Evergreen Reserves 3-0 in the Reserve Cup final at Ottway Walk in Welwyn on Saturday.
With the first team having already bagged the Division One league title the week before, Barry Laurence's men took on the much-fancied Evergreen.
After an even first half with chances at both ends, Lewis Littlechild made the breakthrough for Town on 42 minutes as he prodded home after fine work on the left by Ross Haskins.
Town doubled their advantage early in the second period when sub Adam Shelley did brilliantly to beat his marker down the right before pulling the ball back for Haskins who netted from 10 yards.
Shelley capped a fine second-half performance by rounding the keeper just before the end with Evergreen chasing the game.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 3 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 4 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 5 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 6 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 7 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 8 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: postbox toppers appear for celebrations
- 10 Stevenage make Danny Rose their fourth signing of the summer
The first team finish their league campaign at Knights Templar Sports Centre this Saturday (2.30pm ko) against Hinton. The club will be presented with the league trophy after the match.