Baldock recapture form
Leverstock Green 3 Baldock Town 3 Baldock recaptued their form against a very resilient Leverstock Green side. The 3-3 all draw was such a scintillating game that any observers left with neck pains after watching the end-to-end football. Jodie Beaumont op
Leverstock Green 3 Baldock Town 3
Baldock recaptued their form against a very resilient Leverstock Green side.
The 3-3 all draw was such a scintillating game that any observers left with neck pains after watching the end-to-end football.
Jodie Beaumont opened the scoring early on for the visitors with a sublime goal but 20 minutes into the game Becki Day was taken from the field after sustaining an injury,
You may also want to watch:
Manager Colin Little was left with no choice but to replace her with the only substitute available, but the replacement Louise Shephard was on her way back from injury herself.
Baldock did well to keep their lead, but two minutes into first half injury team they conceeded an equaliser.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman
- 2 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 3 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 Town's multi-million pound investment is 'once in a generation' opportunity
- 8 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 9 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
The second half was just as exciting as the first, with both teams going at it hammer and tongs.
Michelle Smith found the back of the net for Baldock but Leverstock levelled the score once again with a brilliant goal from their fast paced striker Nicci Hollick.
The best goal began at the magical feet of Chloe Payne.
The left back received the ball and passed it to Natasha Little who turned the home side's right back inside out and executed a perfectly weighted ball to a waiting Smith .
The striker made no mistake and knocked the ball home for her second of the game.
Leverstock finished the game with a dubious goal when Emma Calvert knocked the ball from Keeper Paula Collis hands and poked it home.