Baldock racer delighted with win in debut Legends Cars event
- Credit: GRAHAM HOLBORN
Baldock businessman and racing driver Nick Bridgeman made history by winning his first race in the Legends Cars National Championship.
Bridgeman, who owns Bridgeman Construction and the Bridgeman Motorsport team in Legends Cars, starred in the last of the weekend's six races at Cadwell Park in Lincolnshire, leading every lap on his way to a memorable victory.
Starting on the front row of the grid, Bridgeman quickly moved into the lead and headed the 30-plus car field throughout.
There were added celebrations too with Bridgeman's team-mate Steve Whitelegg winning race three.
Bridgeman ended the weekend 13th in the standings with Whitelegg eighth.
Bridgeman said: It’s amazing. We had a poor start to the weekend with two DNFs, but to end with my first ever win is fantastic.
"I picked what I wanted to do in the last race - get away and try and fight off the fast boys at the end when they came through.
- 1 Stevenage man sentenced for racist assault and criminal damage
- 2 Matalan store confirms closure date ahead of demolition to make way for flats
- 3 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 4 May 17: Newly refurbed Hollywood Bowl to reopen on Monday
- 5 Trial date set for pair charged with detaining two people against their will
- 6 What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, May 17?
- 7 Dog bitten in two places at attack in playing fields
- 8 Road closed as emergency services attend crash in Stevenage
- 9 Community rallies to help couple left out of pocket after pension money goes missing
- 10 Man dies after falling ill in town centre
"The team has done an awesome job, two wins with me and Steve."