Baldock racer delighted with win in debut Legends Cars event
- Credit: GRAHAM HOLBORN
Baldock businessman and racing driver Nick Bridgeman made history by winning his first race in the Legends Cars National Championship.
Bridgeman, who owns Bridgeman Construction and the Bridgeman Motorsport team in Legends Cars, starred in the last of the weekend's six races at Cadwell Park in Lincolnshire, leading every lap on his way to a memorable victory.
Starting on the front row of the grid, Bridgeman quickly moved into the lead and headed the 30-plus car field throughout.
There were added celebrations too with Bridgeman's team-mate Steve Whitelegg winning race three.
Bridgeman ended the weekend 13th in the standings with Whitelegg eighth.
Bridgeman said: It’s amazing. We had a poor start to the weekend with two DNFs, but to end with my first ever win is fantastic.
"I picked what I wanted to do in the last race - get away and try and fight off the fast boys at the end when they came through.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 6 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 7 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 10 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
"The team has done an awesome job, two wins with me and Steve."