Baldock go for league title
Baldock Town hit Bedwell Rangers for six to boost their title hopes this week. The Reds won 6-0 on Tuesday night to go seven points clear in the Herts Senior County League Division One. They have three games to play, while nearest rivals Wodson Park have
Baldock Town hit Bedwell Rangers for six to boost their title hopes this week.
The Reds won 6-0 on Tuesday night to go seven points clear in the Herts Senior County League Division One.
They have three games to play, while nearest rivals Wodson Park have four matches remaining.
The title race was kept open after Wodson Park ended Baldock's 15-match unbeaten run on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The first 10 minutes were disastrous for the league leaders as they found themselves two goals behind after early strikes from Wodson Park duo Tyler Hatherly and Greg Moy.
After having a clear penalty shout turned down, Town gave themselves a lifeline right on the interval as Sam Perrin headed in a Mark Nunn knock down from a Lee Rusbridge free-kick.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 4 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 5 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 6 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 7 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof
- 8 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 9 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 10 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
The second period saw Town dominate with Danny Bennett and Nunn going inches from equalising.
Nunn was again denied late on after heroics from the keeper and Cameron Brawley headed over with the last kick of the match.
Bedwell Rangers earned a goal-less draw at home to Sarratt at Meadway in Stevenage.
They went close to breaking the deadlock when a cross from Dan Grosch was met with a great header from Jamie Kingston which was well saved by the keeper.
Keeper Gurpreet Dhesi pulled off a great save to deny Sarratt before Bedwell applied some late pressure. Lee Sapstead hit a shot from 30 yards just over the bar and Kingston went close again with his head.
This was only Bedwell's fourth point of a difficult season.
They are looking for new players for next season.
If you would like to play county league football, you can contact Andy Dolby on Andrew.email@example.com or call after 5pm on 07740 933113.