Baldock are top of the pile
Baldock stormed to the top of the Saracens Herts League Division Five with a convincing six-wicket win over Northwood seconds. Having won the toss, Baldock inserted Northwood on what looked a decent wicket. The visitors struggled to get the breakthrough e
Baldock stormed to the top of the Saracens Herts League Division Five with a convincing six-wicket win over Northwood seconds.
Having won the toss, Baldock inserted Northwood on what looked a decent wicket.
The visitors struggled to get the breakthrough early despite Matt Ayre's opening overs which were accurate and quite pacy. Northwood looked well placed at 45-0 but Alistair Jones then trapped one of the openers leg before and the persevering Arye took two quick wickets to leave the hosts at 60-3.
The other opener was batting solidly however and with his middle order, tried to take the scoring on but wickets fell at key times and Northwood succumbed to a rather uncompetitive 133 all out. Jones bowled a long spell of 22 overs taking 4-56 and Tim Dean took 4-25 from 16 overs but it was Ayre who started the decline with his excellent opening burst.
You may also want to watch:
Baldock's reply was dented early by the loss of Rob Peacock but skipper Rob Cant and James Peacock built what was to be the matchwinning partnership. They took the score to 75 before Cant was out for 15 and then Ayre smashed 21 quick runs to take Baldock to the brink.
Despite losing the impressive James Peacock for a stylish 73, Baldock won by six wickets.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 6 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series