B plus for the club’s ladies
The women and girls teams from Stevenage and North Herts were runners-up in the Enfield and Haringey AC s Beta Trophy meeting. They were up against seven other clubs at Lee Valley Stadium on Saturday. Stevenage and North Herts were second in both age gro
The women and girls' teams from Stevenage and North Herts were runners-up in the Enfield and Haringey AC's Beta Trophy meeting.
They were up against seven other clubs at Lee Valley Stadium on Saturday.
Stevenage and North Herts were second in both age groups and second overall, which will see them return to the Alpha Trophy match in 2008.
The senior team scored three A string first places with Bunmi Awokoya winning the 200m in 25.60, with a wind speed of minus 2.1m per second, which is her fastest legal time.
Moe Sasegbon won the high jump with a personal best of 1.60m and Shelley McLellan won her shot put speciality with 11.75m.
There were also three first places in the B strings - Joanne Mansell in the 400m (61.3), Sam McCormick in the 1500m (5:09.55) and Nikki Andrews making it a high jump double with 1.50m.
- 1 Teenager was ‘murdered on way home from prom’ in Stevenage
- 2 Eighteen-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder in Stevenage
- 3 Police cordon in place after man suffers ‘serious injuries’ in Stevenage
- 4 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 7 See inside this stunning £1.15m Grade II listed barn conversion
- 8 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 9 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 10 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
Joylyn Saunders-Mullins, despite being a veteran of 50 plus, took second place in the A string javelin with 27.42m and a third in the B string shot (7.54m).
Second places also came from Jasmine Forde (A string 800m, 2:26.42); Sara Bailey (A string 1500m, 4:51.90); Louise O'Connell (B string 800m, 2:40.73); and Moe Sasegbon (B string 100m hurdles) despite a heavy fall at the last obstacle.
Bunmi claimed two third places - 100m (12.72) and as part of the 4x100m relay team along with Beth Harris, Sam McCormick and Jo Mansell.
The under-15 girls' team had only one winner, Sarah Pike, coming home first in the B string 1500m (5:55.43).
Second places were taken by Amy Pring in the A string 1500m (5:19.97) and Alex Gates in the B string high jump (1.20m).
Third places were taken by Julia White in the B string 100m (14.65 pb); Alex Gates (B string 200m, 29.37); Hannah Dewhurst (A string 800m, 2:35.80, and B string discus, 8.93m); Bethany Hills (B string 800m, 2:50.11); Megan Rebouf (B string long jump, 3.74m); and Laura Saxon (A string discus, 15.26m).
Alex Gates, Julia White, Hannah Dewhurst and Megan Rebouf were third in the 4x100m relay (58.29).
* Steve Dear from Fairlands Valley Spartans ran an excellent time of 3-10:57 in the Turin Marathon, Italy. He was 144th of 1,393 finishers and 21st Vet 40.
Nikki Nation completed her first ever half marathon at Edinburgh in 2-07:48.
* Top FVS TRI cyclist Alex Turner rode the Team Cambridge 25-mile time trial in a respectable time of 1-02:21 which was good enough for 14th overall.