Award for promising youngster
LETCHWORTH player Tom Cranston, was honoured in the category Best Young Coach for the London and East Area in this year s Sky Sports Coach recognition awards. His selection was based on his coaching achievements at such a young age of 24. Apart from be
LETCHWORTH player Tom Cranston, was honoured in the category "Best Young Coach" for the London and East Area in this year's Sky Sports Coach recognition awards.
His selection was based on his coaching achievements at such a young age of 24.
Apart from being head coach and junior organiser at Letchworth GC Cricket Club, he also acts as head coach for the North Herts District Cricket coaching team. He has been a county age group U11 coach for the past two years and for 2009 will take over responsibiity for the county U15s squad.
Cranston's reward, along with winners from other regions, was to be invited to a special coaching tuition day at Lord's led by the former Sussex cricketer Alan Wells.
Candidates were shown demonstrations of the latest cricketing skills, drills and techniques being used by cricket's top coaches.
Cranston, (pictured below) currently an ECB level II coach, has also been accepted as a candidate on the next ECB level III coaching course and with that qualification will join an elite group of coaches who hold that qualification across Hertfordshire.
- 1 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 2 Man threatened partner with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 3 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 4 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 5 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 6 Prince Charles and Camilla to star in special EastEnders Jubilee episode filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 10 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
It was a fitting reward for Cranston as Letchworth GC Cricket Club recently won promotion to the Home Counties Premier League East Two for the 2009 season.