Award for promising youngster
LETCHWORTH player Tom Cranston, was honoured in the category Best Young Coach for the London and East Area in this year s Sky Sports Coach recognition awards. His selection was based on his coaching achievements at such a young age of 24. Apart from be
LETCHWORTH player Tom Cranston, was honoured in the category "Best Young Coach" for the London and East Area in this year's Sky Sports Coach recognition awards.
His selection was based on his coaching achievements at such a young age of 24.
Apart from being head coach and junior organiser at Letchworth GC Cricket Club, he also acts as head coach for the North Herts District Cricket coaching team. He has been a county age group U11 coach for the past two years and for 2009 will take over responsibiity for the county U15s squad.
Cranston's reward, along with winners from other regions, was to be invited to a special coaching tuition day at Lord's led by the former Sussex cricketer Alan Wells.
You may also want to watch:
Candidates were shown demonstrations of the latest cricketing skills, drills and techniques being used by cricket's top coaches.
Cranston, (pictured below) currently an ECB level II coach, has also been accepted as a candidate on the next ECB level III coaching course and with that qualification will join an elite group of coaches who hold that qualification across Hertfordshire.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
It was a fitting reward for Cranston as Letchworth GC Cricket Club recently won promotion to the Home Counties Premier League East Two for the 2009 season.