Personal bests smashed as Cambridge Half Marathon delivers on its fast promise
- Credit: FVS
Personal bests were shattered in their droves as athletes left the mud of cross-country behind and returned to road running.
The Cambridge Half Marathon attracted nearly 10,000 runners with its flat and fast route delivering for many.
The fastest from Fairlands Valley Spartans was Simon Jackson who clocked one hour 12 minutes 30 seconds to finish 48th. Michelle Reeves was their quickest female.
Other PBs came for Vicky Archer (1:56:28) and Marian Morley (1:58:35), both going under two hours for the first time, Linda George (2:08:27) and Ellie McDermott (2:18:37).
There were 35 from North Herts Road Runners involved and Tom Webb led the club home as well as the list of PBs.
He clocked 1:08:50 for 10th place ahead of Darren Sunter in 28th in another PB (1:11:00).
Adam Bowller (1:12:02), Stewart Overton (1:14:46), Ian Datlen (1:24:42), Sophie Thrussell (1:26:42), Kyle Stout (1:30:30), Rhia Botha (1:32:51) and Steve Brenton (1:38:05) all clocked PBs.
- 1 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 2 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 3 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 4 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 5 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 6 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 7 Prince Charles and Camilla to star in special EastEnders Jubilee episode filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 10 Michelin-star chef to kick off Sea Change campaign with tasty seafood samples
Joining them were Ben Ryan (1:40:06), Matt Roberts (1:41:25), Anna Greetham (1:42:00), Michelle Grudzinski (1:49:47) and Adam Wilson (1:51:47).
Julie Taylor ran her first half, finishing in 2:25:48.
The Baldock Beast was won by Alex Cummings of Clothall Common in 1:21:49.