Fairlands Valley Spartans ladies shine at track championships
- Credit: FVS
Fairlands Valley Spartans' women enjoyed a fabulous day the East of England finals day - winning a silver.
The track and field competition is for athletes over 35 and the Spartans' team included Carolyn Linsell, Nicky Wilby, Callie Chapman, Marian Morley, Christine Lathwell, Fiona Clarke, Karen Dodsworth, Joylyn Saunders-Mullins, Yuko Gordon, Andrea Westcott and Sharon Crowley.
Westcott said: "The medal positions changed frequently throughout the day, but the Spartans fought bravely and finished strong."
The Baldock Rat Run also attracted runners from the club as well as those from North Herts Road Runners.
The 5k run is a multi terrain run held in aid of Garden House Hospice.
Matt Tutton and Tim Robinson ran for FVS while the Squirrels entered five.
Paula Holm was the winner of the female race in an impressive 20 minutes 49 seconds, closely followed by clubmate Jill Tooley-Boys in third.
- 1 Man charged following North Herts armed robbery
- 2 Large amount of 'mindless damage' dealt to Hitchin estate
- 3 Nissan Qashqai damaged during Letchworth 'vandalism'
- 4 Pupil wins competition to name community space at former bus station
- 5 Teenager's mountain bike stolen outside Hitchin McDonalds
- 6 Stevenage doctor 'filled with pride' after taking home national award
- 7 When to put the clocks back as British Summer Time ends this month
- 8 When will the £324 cost of living payment be made?
- 9 How does one move from full employment to retirement without becoming thoroughly bored?
- 10 Patrols to be increased following alleged arson in Letchworth park
James Dalton was first male squirrel home in 20:38 to claim third male, with good runs from Jon Hunt to be first in his age category and a solid sub 30-minute effort for Alan Hazlehurst.