Astrid the star performer
NORTH Herts Road Runners maintained their Division 1 status in the Midweek Road Running League with another fine performance at the last fixture over a hilly seven mile course at St Albans. The Squirrels finished comfortably in third place in the league b
NORTH Herts Road Runners maintained their Division 1 status in the Midweek Road Running League with another fine performance at the last fixture over a hilly seven mile course at St Albans.
The Squirrels finished comfortably in third place in the league behind champions Welwyn Garden City and St Albans Striders. Although there was little to choose between most of the men's teams it was the strength of the North Herts ladies that made the difference and which enabled NHRR to enjoy another season in Division 1 next year.
Paula Adams (2nd), Astrid McKeown (4th) and Melissa Winters (8th) were backed up in scoring positions by Jane Chappell (12th), Claire Messenger (23rd) and Suzy Crowe (36th) as the women's team came second on the night.
The men finished fourth overall. Pete Sibbett (10th) and Steve McKeown (14th) were the leading men with Gary Cook (31st) and Dane Ryan (32nd) also in good positions.
Astrid McKeown was once again the club's star performer at The Aston 5 Mile race on Sunday as she won her third race in recent weeks. McKeown won the women's category in 31:29 and was also ninth finisher in the race overall.
Husband Steve was the first finisher for the club in fourth place in 29:12 with Pete Sibbett tenth in 31:29 and super vet Dave Frampton first in his category just one second behind in 31:30.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 3 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 4 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 5 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 6 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 7 Letchworth Outdoor Pool suffers two break-ins ahead of opening
- 8 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: postbox toppers appear for celebrations
- 10 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
Duncan Hooker (21m 06s) and Lindsay Cook (30m 00s) competed in the last Friday of the Month 5K at London's Hyde Park.