Astrid the star performer
NORTH Herts Road Runners maintained their Division 1 status in the Midweek Road Running League with another fine performance at the last fixture over a hilly seven mile course at St Albans. The Squirrels finished comfortably in third place in the league b
NORTH Herts Road Runners maintained their Division 1 status in the Midweek Road Running League with another fine performance at the last fixture over a hilly seven mile course at St Albans.
The Squirrels finished comfortably in third place in the league behind champions Welwyn Garden City and St Albans Striders. Although there was little to choose between most of the men's teams it was the strength of the North Herts ladies that made the difference and which enabled NHRR to enjoy another season in Division 1 next year.
Paula Adams (2nd), Astrid McKeown (4th) and Melissa Winters (8th) were backed up in scoring positions by Jane Chappell (12th), Claire Messenger (23rd) and Suzy Crowe (36th) as the women's team came second on the night.
The men finished fourth overall. Pete Sibbett (10th) and Steve McKeown (14th) were the leading men with Gary Cook (31st) and Dane Ryan (32nd) also in good positions.
You may also want to watch:
Astrid McKeown was once again the club's star performer at The Aston 5 Mile race on Sunday as she won her third race in recent weeks. McKeown won the women's category in 31:29 and was also ninth finisher in the race overall.
Husband Steve was the first finisher for the club in fourth place in 29:12 with Pete Sibbett tenth in 31:29 and super vet Dave Frampton first in his category just one second behind in 31:30.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
Duncan Hooker (21m 06s) and Lindsay Cook (30m 00s) competed in the last Friday of the Month 5K at London's Hyde Park.