New badge for Arlesey Town designed by Etonbury Academy student
- Credit: ARLESEY TOWN FC
Arlesey Town have unveiled a new badge after a design competition attracted hundreds of entries from one of the town's schools.
The competition was launched by the committee of the Hitchin Road-based football club at Etonbury Academy and the winner was 12-year-old Emma Martin.
Arlesey chairman, Dave Kitson, said: "It’s a prestigious school and it is on our doorstep so I got in touch with the headmaster and the art department and set-up a competition for their pupils to design a new badge.
"There were 500 entries and we picked a winner, Emma Martin.
"She will officially unveil that at our grand opening."
And the competition is just one the ways the former Reading. Portsmouth and Stoke city striker is looking to spread word of the club's new direction.
"When I talk about engaging with the community, this is what I mean," he said.
"There are now 500 kids who have gone home and told parents about the local football club.
- 1 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 2 'No action' after sports pavilions demolished
- 3 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 4 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 5 Can you help golf star Jack on his professional journey?
- 6 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 7 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 8 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 9 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 10 Standalone Farm to reopen with host of activities in time for half term
"They all know about us now and these are all the little things we have to be busy with."