New badge for Arlesey Town designed by Etonbury Academy student
- Credit: ARLESEY TOWN FC
Arlesey Town have unveiled a new badge after a design competition attracted hundreds of entries from one of the town's schools.
The competition was launched by the committee of the Hitchin Road-based football club at Etonbury Academy and the winner was 12-year-old Emma Martin.
Arlesey chairman, Dave Kitson, said: "It’s a prestigious school and it is on our doorstep so I got in touch with the headmaster and the art department and set-up a competition for their pupils to design a new badge.
"There were 500 entries and we picked a winner, Emma Martin.
"She will officially unveil that at our grand opening."
And the competition is just one the ways the former Reading. Portsmouth and Stoke city striker is looking to spread word of the club's new direction.
"When I talk about engaging with the community, this is what I mean," he said.
"There are now 500 kids who have gone home and told parents about the local football club.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 8 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy
"They all know about us now and these are all the little things we have to be busy with."