Arlesey Town are hit for six
Great Wakering Rovers 6 Arlesey Town 2 The Blues were hit for six in their final away match this season in the Ryman League Division One North. Arlesey were soundly trounced by three goals in the final few minutes. After being reduced to 10 men, they ende
Great Wakering Rovers 6 Arlesey Town 2
The Blues were hit for six in their final away match this season in the Ryman League Division One North.
Arlesey were soundly trounced by three goals in the final few minutes.
After being reduced to 10 men, they ended in sorry style after they had taken the lead only to end up second best.
The visitors gave King his first start since joining the club as both James Dillnutt and Shane Brown were injured and Matt Waldron was still serving a suspension.
The sending off of Ryan Oliva for a second bookable offence in the 82nd minute opened the floodgates and the 10 men conceded three times in the final four minutes.
- 1 Man threatened partner with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 2 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 3 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 4 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 5 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 6 Prince Charles and Camilla to star in special EastEnders Jubilee episode filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 10 Michelin-star chef to kick off Sea Change campaign with tasty seafood samples
Arlesey took the lead in the 10th minute when a pass from the left eventually found its way to Leon Gutzmore whose low shot found the corner.
For the opening 30 minutes, Arlesey looked the more promising and seemed likely to add to their lead.
A left-wing move from Obi Nene ended with a Gutzmore effort being pushed wide by home keeper Green, Craig Reynolds had an effort from 30 yards pushed wide and the home keeper was in action again to foil Gutzmore.
Martin Young showed heroics in defence to foil Clark by playing the ball over his own bar.
But in the 44th minute, Cartledge equalised for Great Wakering by beating Lee Robinson with a shot from the left of the penalty area.
The Blues were on the receiving end at the start of the second half and fell behind in the 54th minute when Clark beat Robinson from 20 yards with a superb strike.
And in the 67th minute, it was game over. Arlesey thought they had cleared the danger but Richmond found the net from the edge of the box.
Hope returned two minutes later when the Blues pressed down the right.
Gutzmore harried the home full-back who, in his anxiety to clear, poked the ball past Green for an own goal.
Oliva received his second yellow in the 82nd minute and then the sky fell in.
From a corner from the left Clark volleyed number four, Richmond added the fifth, and when Young brought him down in the box, he completed his hat-trick from the penalty spot.
Arlesey complete their season on Saturday with a visit from relegation candidates Tilbury.
Blues: Robinson, Fowler, Clark, Oliva, King, Young, Beale, Gutzmore, Nene, Reynolds, Okojie.
Subs: Tekell, Beevor, Osbourne, Howard.