Arlesey Town are hit for six
Great Wakering Rovers 6 Arlesey Town 2 The Blues were hit for six in their final away match this season in the Ryman League Division One North. Arlesey were soundly trounced by three goals in the final few minutes. After being reduced to 10 men, they ende
Great Wakering Rovers 6 Arlesey Town 2
The Blues were hit for six in their final away match this season in the Ryman League Division One North.
Arlesey were soundly trounced by three goals in the final few minutes.
After being reduced to 10 men, they ended in sorry style after they had taken the lead only to end up second best.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors gave King his first start since joining the club as both James Dillnutt and Shane Brown were injured and Matt Waldron was still serving a suspension.
The sending off of Ryan Oliva for a second bookable offence in the 82nd minute opened the floodgates and the 10 men conceded three times in the final four minutes.
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 6 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 7 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 8 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 9 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
- 10 Parents' tribute to caring community as they continue push for new specialist facilities
Arlesey took the lead in the 10th minute when a pass from the left eventually found its way to Leon Gutzmore whose low shot found the corner.
For the opening 30 minutes, Arlesey looked the more promising and seemed likely to add to their lead.
A left-wing move from Obi Nene ended with a Gutzmore effort being pushed wide by home keeper Green, Craig Reynolds had an effort from 30 yards pushed wide and the home keeper was in action again to foil Gutzmore.
Martin Young showed heroics in defence to foil Clark by playing the ball over his own bar.
But in the 44th minute, Cartledge equalised for Great Wakering by beating Lee Robinson with a shot from the left of the penalty area.
The Blues were on the receiving end at the start of the second half and fell behind in the 54th minute when Clark beat Robinson from 20 yards with a superb strike.
And in the 67th minute, it was game over. Arlesey thought they had cleared the danger but Richmond found the net from the edge of the box.
Hope returned two minutes later when the Blues pressed down the right.
Gutzmore harried the home full-back who, in his anxiety to clear, poked the ball past Green for an own goal.
Oliva received his second yellow in the 82nd minute and then the sky fell in.
From a corner from the left Clark volleyed number four, Richmond added the fifth, and when Young brought him down in the box, he completed his hat-trick from the penalty spot.
Arlesey complete their season on Saturday with a visit from relegation candidates Tilbury.
Blues: Robinson, Fowler, Clark, Oliva, King, Young, Beale, Gutzmore, Nene, Reynolds, Okojie.
Subs: Tekell, Beevor, Osbourne, Howard.