Anyone for croquet? - new lawns should attract new members
It is almost two years since Letchworth Croquet Club moved from the lawns behind the golf centre in Willian Way to the tennis club in Muddy Lane. The president, Duncan Hector, has worked hard during this time and, with the help of some of the other member
It is almost two years since Letchworth Croquet Club moved from the lawns behind the golf centre in Willian Way to the tennis club in Muddy Lane.
The president, Duncan Hector, has worked hard during this time and, with the help of some of the other members, has brought the two new lawns up to perfect playing condition.
The club has more than 50 members of varying ages and abilities, and a lively social side too.
The game is great fun and easy to learn, and one of the attractive points about being a member is that on four designated afternoons a week, all through the year, between 2-5pm.
You may also want to watch:
You can just turn up and will get a game with whoever else is there - so no planning, no making fixed arrangements, no having to find a partner!
For anyone interested in giving it a try, there will be a six-week introductory course at the club starting on Saturday, April 5.
- 1 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 2 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 3 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 4 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 5 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 6 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 7 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 8 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 9 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
- 10 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
All you need to bring is flat shoes and £30, which will be deducted from the annual subscription if you decide to join.
Details are available from John Hall on 01462 685874, or David Tutt on 01462 685764.