Anyone for croquet? - new lawns should attract new members
It is almost two years since Letchworth Croquet Club moved from the lawns behind the golf centre in Willian Way to the tennis club in Muddy Lane. The president, Duncan Hector, has worked hard during this time and, with the help of some of the other member
It is almost two years since Letchworth Croquet Club moved from the lawns behind the golf centre in Willian Way to the tennis club in Muddy Lane.
The president, Duncan Hector, has worked hard during this time and, with the help of some of the other members, has brought the two new lawns up to perfect playing condition.
The club has more than 50 members of varying ages and abilities, and a lively social side too.
The game is great fun and easy to learn, and one of the attractive points about being a member is that on four designated afternoons a week, all through the year, between 2-5pm.
You can just turn up and will get a game with whoever else is there - so no planning, no making fixed arrangements, no having to find a partner!
For anyone interested in giving it a try, there will be a six-week introductory course at the club starting on Saturday, April 5.
- 1 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 2 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 3 Man in his 80s seriously injured after Honda crash in Stevenage
- 4 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 5 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
- 6 Get ready to geek out as a new gaming café comes to Stevenage
- 7 New avenue of trees planted in Hitchin's Bancroft
- 8 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 9 Spaceship 'landing' at school grabs Prime Minister's attention
- 10 Year-long car park closure as construction for new multi-storey set to begin
All you need to bring is flat shoes and £30, which will be deducted from the annual subscription if you decide to join.
Details are available from John Hall on 01462 685874, or David Tutt on 01462 685764.