Anyone for croquet? - new lawns should attract new members
It is almost two years since Letchworth Croquet Club moved from the lawns behind the golf centre in Willian Way to the tennis club in Muddy Lane. The president, Duncan Hector, has worked hard during this time and, with the help of some of the other member
It is almost two years since Letchworth Croquet Club moved from the lawns behind the golf centre in Willian Way to the tennis club in Muddy Lane.
The president, Duncan Hector, has worked hard during this time and, with the help of some of the other members, has brought the two new lawns up to perfect playing condition.
The club has more than 50 members of varying ages and abilities, and a lively social side too.
The game is great fun and easy to learn, and one of the attractive points about being a member is that on four designated afternoons a week, all through the year, between 2-5pm.
You can just turn up and will get a game with whoever else is there - so no planning, no making fixed arrangements, no having to find a partner!
For anyone interested in giving it a try, there will be a six-week introductory course at the club starting on Saturday, April 5.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
All you need to bring is flat shoes and £30, which will be deducted from the annual subscription if you decide to join.
Details are available from John Hall on 01462 685874, or David Tutt on 01462 685764.