Anna takes the gold
The Marriotts Gymnastics Centre in Stevenage hosted the 2006 Hertfordshire British Club Grades six, five and four on Sunday. Each grade is divided into age groups and the top three gymnasts in each grade, plus any scoring a distinction of greater than 45
The Marriotts Gymnastics Centre in Stevenage hosted the 2006 Hertfordshire British Club Grades six, five and four on Sunday.
Each grade is divided into age groups and the top three gymnasts in each grade, plus any scoring a distinction of greater than 45 (90 per cent) progress through to the regional final at Ipswich.
The morning session saw the grade five gymnasts compete. The nine to 11-year-old age group had the largest entry of the day with around 30 gymnasts taking part.
Top performance came from Anna Young who took gold with a distinction score of 46.375, beating the next gymnast by half a mark. Clubmate Melanie Grigg just missed out on a distinction scoring 44.2 and finishing in fifth place.
All of the club's gymnasts passed the grade - Emma Chambers, Tayah McCreith, Corey Williams and Catherine Heminway.
In the afternoon it was the turn of the level six and level four gymnasts.
- 1 Magpas Air Ambulance lands in Letchworth amid 'medical emergency'
- 2 Funeral of retired Stevenage school teacher hailed 'a legend'
- 3 Two-storey factory catches fire in Letchworth
- 4 Old Town Live organisers 'overwhelmed by response'
- 5 Stevenage PE teacher's charity run after leg amputation
- 6 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 7 Summer Sand pit opens in Stevenage
- 8 Assault victim left with punctured lung after Hitchin 'scuffle'
- 9 'Expect delays' during week-long gas works at Stevenage roundabout
- 10 Stevenage fundraising day in memory of much-loved Peter
At level four, in the 10-12 year age group, Jessica Barfoot took bronze with a distinction score of 45.025. Lucy Young, Sophie Cripps, Olivia Harry and Alexandra Radjenovic also passed their grade.
In the 13 plus age group, Rebecca Lees took silver and a place in the regional final with Anne Rees in fourth place taking the reserve spot for the regionals.
In the level six grade, which is the first level of competition, there was a bronze for Georgia Hayes in the nine to 10 year age group with passes for Georgia Moretti and Bethany Suppa.
In the youngest age group, which is for gymnasts aged eight-years-old, there was a tight competition. Although there were no medals, the Marriotts trio of Hannah Rayfield, Laura Burns and Lucy Moxham all scored above the distinction mark of 45 to go through to the regional final. Talia Francis put in a good performance to pass the grade.