Angling - Open Day’s a great success at fishery
The Manor Farm fishery at Lower Caldecote near Biggleswade teamed up with the Environment Agency to offer free taster sessions for coarse fishing on their canal on Bank Holiday Monday. Despite the changeable weather, many youngsters attended and made the
The Manor Farm fishery at Lower Caldecote near Biggleswade teamed up with the Environment Agency to offer free taster sessions for coarse fishing on their canal on Bank Holiday Monday.
Despite the changeable weather, many youngsters attended and made the day a great success with everyone landing several fish.
Another day is planned for all age groups in mid-July. Call the fishery for more details on 01767 317835.
The cool conditions are favouring fly fishing on the Trout (Damsel) Lake with some excellent catches on natural flies such as damsels, hoppers, GRHE and buzzers. Lures are definitely not the thing at present - you must 'match the hatch!'
Fly fishing tuition dates are available on site for both adults and juniors. These must be booked in advance. The next date is Saturday, June 10.
Please call for more information or alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 3 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 4 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 5 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 6 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 7 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 8 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 9 Letchworth Outdoor Pool suffers two break-ins ahead of opening
- 10 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
A busy bank holiday weekend saw many lines out on the water but catches on the Winters and Carp Lake for the specimen carp were still good.
Winters Lake also had a few good fish out this weekend but the changeable cool conditions keep switching the fish on and off.
Arlesey man Mr Churchman landed two fish in a 24-hour session, including a 28lb mirror on method mix with nutz boilies.
Night fishing is available on the Carp, Becks and Winters Lakes but must be booked in advance.
For mixed and pleasure fishing, Blunham Lake has landed some excellent roach using maggot and their new crab method mix fished light just on the ledge a rod length out.
Tench have also been caught to seven and a half pounds on worm as well as many smaller carp and skimmers. The bream are growing well in this lake and taking on worm and sweetcorn.