Angling - Open Day’s a great success at fishery
The Manor Farm fishery at Lower Caldecote near Biggleswade teamed up with the Environment Agency to offer free taster sessions for coarse fishing on their canal on Bank Holiday Monday. Despite the changeable weather, many youngsters attended and made the
The Manor Farm fishery at Lower Caldecote near Biggleswade teamed up with the Environment Agency to offer free taster sessions for coarse fishing on their canal on Bank Holiday Monday.
Despite the changeable weather, many youngsters attended and made the day a great success with everyone landing several fish.
Another day is planned for all age groups in mid-July. Call the fishery for more details on 01767 317835.
The cool conditions are favouring fly fishing on the Trout (Damsel) Lake with some excellent catches on natural flies such as damsels, hoppers, GRHE and buzzers. Lures are definitely not the thing at present - you must 'match the hatch!'
Fly fishing tuition dates are available on site for both adults and juniors. These must be booked in advance. The next date is Saturday, June 10.
Please call for more information or alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 4 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 5 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 6 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 7 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 8 MP registers another job despite Owen Paterson fallout
- 9 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
A busy bank holiday weekend saw many lines out on the water but catches on the Winters and Carp Lake for the specimen carp were still good.
Winters Lake also had a few good fish out this weekend but the changeable cool conditions keep switching the fish on and off.
Arlesey man Mr Churchman landed two fish in a 24-hour session, including a 28lb mirror on method mix with nutz boilies.
Night fishing is available on the Carp, Becks and Winters Lakes but must be booked in advance.
For mixed and pleasure fishing, Blunham Lake has landed some excellent roach using maggot and their new crab method mix fished light just on the ledge a rod length out.
Tench have also been caught to seven and a half pounds on worm as well as many smaller carp and skimmers. The bream are growing well in this lake and taking on worm and sweetcorn.