Anglers attend first match of the season
A dozen anglers attended the first of the year s St Nicks AC league matches on Sunday at Tingrith Fishery. In first place was Harry Stokes with a weight of 17lbs 9ozs, comprised mostly of crucian carp. He fished with his pole nine metres out with pellet a
A dozen anglers attended the first of the year's St Nicks AC league matches on Sunday at Tingrith Fishery.
In first place was Harry Stokes with a weight of 17lbs 9ozs, comprised mostly of crucian carp.
He fished with his pole nine metres out with pellet as hook bait over a moderate feed of micro pellet, cupped in every 30 minutes.
Second place just 2ozs behind was Alan Dobson with 17lbs 7ozs, again mostly crucian carp.
Third place was Ian Augur with an 8lbs 13ozs carp making up the bulk of his catch weight 14lbs 8ozs.
Steve Goss, Kevin Siggery, Ken Buck, Graham Rogers, John Chilcott, Rob Byus and Graham Vaughan completed the top 10.
- 1 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 8 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
The dismal day, with winds cutting across the lake at high speed, made fishing with the pole very difficult, but those who persisted with pole reaped the benefits.
The club's next match will be on February 17 at Decoy Lakes, Whittlesey, near Peterborough.