Anglers attend first match of the season
A dozen anglers attended the first of the year s St Nicks AC league matches on Sunday at Tingrith Fishery. In first place was Harry Stokes with a weight of 17lbs 9ozs, comprised mostly of crucian carp. He fished with his pole nine metres out with pellet a
A dozen anglers attended the first of the year's St Nicks AC league matches on Sunday at Tingrith Fishery.
In first place was Harry Stokes with a weight of 17lbs 9ozs, comprised mostly of crucian carp.
He fished with his pole nine metres out with pellet as hook bait over a moderate feed of micro pellet, cupped in every 30 minutes.
Second place just 2ozs behind was Alan Dobson with 17lbs 7ozs, again mostly crucian carp.
Third place was Ian Augur with an 8lbs 13ozs carp making up the bulk of his catch weight 14lbs 8ozs.
Steve Goss, Kevin Siggery, Ken Buck, Graham Rogers, John Chilcott, Rob Byus and Graham Vaughan completed the top 10.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 3 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 4 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 5 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 6 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 7 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 8 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: postbox toppers appear for celebrations
- 10 Stevenage make Danny Rose their fourth signing of the summer
The dismal day, with winds cutting across the lake at high speed, made fishing with the pole very difficult, but those who persisted with pole reaped the benefits.
The club's next match will be on February 17 at Decoy Lakes, Whittlesey, near Peterborough.