Alex Revell knows exactly what Jobi McAnuff is experiencing ahead of Stevenage's game with Leyton Orient
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Alex Revell knows exactly how Jobi McAnuff will be feeling ahead of Stevenage's trip to Leyton Orient.
The 39-year-old former Stevenage midfielder took over as player-manager of the O's last week following the sacking of Ross Embleton.
It is the same journey that Revell himself took on just over a year earlier and the Boro boss says it took some time to get used to his new surroundings and responsibility, a journey where the importance of solid support became paramount.
He said: "I got on really well with Ross so I’m gutted for him, he’s a really good guy, but Jobi will be in there and trying to put his own plans in place.
"It’s tough when you take the hotseat, I don’t think anyone ever truly realises what it is like.
"But it is so important you have strong people around you and I have that at Stevenage.
"They just want to help me and the club grow and that is something I know Jobi will do as well."
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 6 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 7 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk