Stevenage's Alex Revell nominated for March manager of the month in League Two
- Credit: DANNY LOO/TGS PHOTO
Alex Revell has been nominated as manager of the month for March in League Two.
The Stevenage boss guided his team to four wins and two draws in their six games during the month.
And they conceded just two goals in this period to maintain their unbeaten run, which now stands on 12 having won one and drawn one in April.
This is Revell's first full season as a manager and after the turmoil of the summer, when an 11th-hour reprieve kept their Football League status intact, the charge up to the fringes of the play-off race has been nothing short of remarkable.
He will be up against Derek Adams of Morecambe, Ian Evatt of Bolton Wanderers and Barrow's Rob Kelly.
Morecambe scored 11 goals and picked up 13 points in March as they continue to mix it in the play-off places while Barrow and Kelly won four on the bounce to pull away from relegation before two successive defeats, the second at the Lamex.
Only Bolton, under former Barrow boss Ian Evatt, have enjoyed a better run of results than Stevenage.
- 1 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 2 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 3 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 4 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 5 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 6 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 7 Driver hospitalised with ‘serious injuries’ following crash in Hitchin
- 8 Woman left with injuries after dog attack in Woolmer Green
- 9 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 10 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
Their March record matched their February one, five wins and one draw and included crucial wins over promotion rivals Cambridge United and Forest Green Rovers.
The judging panel comprises former Barnsley manager Danny Wilson, ex-Sunderland striker Don Goodman; communications director of the EFL, Mark Rowan, and Sky Bet EFL trader Ivor Davies.
The winners of the manager and player of the month awards across all three divisions will be announced on Friday.