Stevenage's Alex Revell loses out to Ian Evatt of Bolton in manager of the month race
- Credit: GAVIN ELLIS/TGS PHOTO
Alex Revell missed out on being named manager of the month despite a six-game unbeaten run through March.
The Stevenage boss earned his nomination after guiding his team to four wins and two draws in the 31 days, conceding just two goals in the process, shooting them up the table.
However, the judging panel, comprising former Barnsley manager Danny Wilson, ex-Sunderland striker Don Goodman; EFL communications director Mark Rowan and Sky Bet EFL trader Ivor Davies, opted for Bolton Wanderers' Ian Evatt to take the League Two prize.
The Trotters had an equally impressive sequence through March, winning five of their six games with the only blemish a 1-1 draw with Bradford City on March 6.
Player of the month was Matt Jay of Exeter City.
Elsewhere Watford's Xisco Munoz took the best boss in the Championship while Alex Mowatt of Barnsley was the star player.
In League One both honours were scooped up by Gillingham, Steve Evans named manager of the month while Vadaine Oliver was the player of March.
- 1 Rave reviews come flying in as glam bar welcomes back first clients after months of lockdown
- 2 COVID-19 cases plummet in Stevenage and North Herts as restrictions ease
- 3 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 4 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 5 Resident calls for brighter street lights after 'shocking' fall leaves her seeking hospital treatment
- 6 Who are our Stevenage candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 Letchworth teachers begin six-day strike over pension scheme withdrawal
- 8 PE teachers to run seven marathons in seven days
- 9 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 10 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem