Stevenage's Alex Revell loses out to Ian Evatt of Bolton in manager of the month race
- Credit: GAVIN ELLIS/TGS PHOTO
Alex Revell missed out on being named manager of the month despite a six-game unbeaten run through March.
The Stevenage boss earned his nomination after guiding his team to four wins and two draws in the 31 days, conceding just two goals in the process, shooting them up the table.
However, the judging panel, comprising former Barnsley manager Danny Wilson, ex-Sunderland striker Don Goodman; EFL communications director Mark Rowan and Sky Bet EFL trader Ivor Davies, opted for Bolton Wanderers' Ian Evatt to take the League Two prize.
The Trotters had an equally impressive sequence through March, winning five of their six games with the only blemish a 1-1 draw with Bradford City on March 6.
Player of the month was Matt Jay of Exeter City.
Elsewhere Watford's Xisco Munoz took the best boss in the Championship while Alex Mowatt of Barnsley was the star player.
In League One both honours were scooped up by Gillingham, Steve Evans named manager of the month while Vadaine Oliver was the player of March.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 4 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 6 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 9 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys