AEK Letchworth are cup gods
AEK Letchworth were celebrating a cup double on Sunday after beating Kcinsatop Reserves 6-1 in the final of the George John Memorial Trophy. Micky Smith (two), Ross Brown (two), Matt Wilson and Darren Athinis all found the target. This year s Challenge Cu
AEK Letchworth were celebrating a cup double on Sunday after beating Kcinsatop Reserves 6-1 in the final of the George John Memorial Trophy.
Micky Smith (two), Ross Brown (two), Matt Wilson and Darren Athinis all found the target.
This year's Challenge Cup final is between Cannon and Kcinsatop after both enjoyed comfortable victories in their respective semi-finals.
Cannon eased past The George Hitchin after a 4-0 success, Rhys Davies, Jack Gregson, Anthony James and Mark Nunn scoring.
Paul Donnelly's hat-trick led the way for Kcinsatop as they saw off Wanderers 6-0, Colin Sharnbrook, Karl Milligan and Moni Miaswante with the other goals.
AC Malone needed extra-time before overcoming Angels Reply in the Division One Cup final 2-1 last Wednesday night thanks to goals from Adam Watson and Richard Roberts.
- 1 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 2 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 3 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 4 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 5 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 6 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 7 Prince Charles and Camilla to star in special EastEnders Jubilee episode filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 10 Michelin-star chef to kick off Sea Change campaign with tasty seafood samples
Red Star ICL have all but blown their chances of winning the Premier Division after slipping to their third defeat in four games.
This time The Well proved too strong as a double from Ricky Small gave them a 2-0 victory.
Crown Stotfold picked up their first win of the league season against Hitchin Town Supporters, beating them 4-1 as part of a double header. The other game finished 3-0 to HTS.
Red Star (Mandel Mullings, Wayne Blows and James Campbell) at least won 3-2 against Hitchin Town Supporters (Mick Riley and Kevin Burness) on Tuesday night.
In Division One, Engineers Henlow moved to within two points of Cannon Res at the top after a 6-0 win at home to JCA.
Eddie Fannon opened the scoring before goals from Steve Winch, Alan Gilchrist, Jim Gentry, Mark Gilchrist and Lee Addington's penalty sealed the win.
Whitwell Res warmed up for their Reserve Cup final with a 2-0 home success against cup heroes AC Malone, Stuart Kazwini and Colin Hair on target.
Radcliffe Arms and SMU battled out a goalless draw to earn a point each.
In Division Two, Paynes Park Superstars thrashed Wilbury 8-1. Steven Monaghan scored five while Lee Gibbs, Ian Hyde and Anthony Humphries got on the scoresheet.
Walsworth also had a big win against Dynamo Letchworth, Danny Levy (three), Gavin Stevens (two), Austin Thorne and Marcus Brown scoring in a 7-0 triumph.
* Compiled by Leighton Machin
* The website can be viewed at www.hsfleague.com
* Goalscorers can be e-mailed to Leighton.firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by text to 07867 839458.