Ace Sohail’s so good
Stevenage seconds put the Eversholt bowlers to the sword in the Saracens Herts League Division Three. Their main man was Sohail Idress who hit a scintillating 181 with a mixture of delicate and brutal shots as Stevenage set 311-8. Eversholt started briskl
Stevenage seconds put the Eversholt bowlers to the sword in the Saracens Herts League Division Three.
Their main man was Sohail Idress who hit a scintillating 181 with a mixture of delicate and brutal shots as Stevenage set 311-8.
Eversholt started briskly and never gave up hope in pushing the score along. An excellent spell of bowling from Barry Hann created problems with his flight and turn and Ian Brown picked up a late wicket as Eversholt fell short on 235-9 with Stevenage failing to get the last wicket for victory.
The thirds were also involved in a high-scoring game as Old Camdenians 2nds rattled up 270-6.
You may also want to watch:
Stevenage lost wickets in reply although Steve Cooley made a quick 46.
Laurie Brown was left stranded on 43no with just 3.2 overs remaining before the draw was achieved. But the innings crept past the 200 mark to ensure maximum batting points.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
The fourths slipped from 72-0 to 181 all out against Old Camdenians 3rds. Only Jack Mitchell (48), Craig Whitworth, Neil Hockey and Phil Ashby managed to reach double figures. The bowlers fared no better as Old Camdenians raced to 182-5 in 34 overs with only Ashley Daniels (2-38) and Simon Wood (2-25) having any success with the ball.
* Stevenage's development XI posted a large total against Welwyn GC to win by 46 runs.
Having won the toss, there was a 144-run opening stand between Scott Reid (80) and Laurie Brown (83). Important middle order runs were provided by Scott Davies (35) in their total of 245-6 from 40 overs. In reply Welwyn GC put up a good challenge but fell behind the run rate late in the game to finish on 199-8.