Ace rider Parksmakes good start
Hitchin motorcycle racer Colin Parker got off to a flying start at the opening round of the Forza Extreme race at Brands Hatch. He brought his machine home in fourth place during both of Saturday s races. Parks was pleased with Saturday s result but hop
Hitchin motorcycle racer Colin Parker got off to a flying start at the opening round of the Forza Extreme race at Brands Hatch.
He brought his machine home in fourth place during both of Saturday's races.
'Parks' was pleased with Saturday's result but hoped to improve on these results on Sunday.
He looked to be doing just that as he stormed into first place during race one but a mistake on the second lap saw him crash out.
Due to his crash, Parker was forced to start Sunday's final race from the back of the grid in 37th place.
But there was no stopping him as he pushed through the pack, moving up to 13th place as the chequered flag fell.
- 1 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 2 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 3 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 4 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 5 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades
- 6 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 7 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 8 A brief history of Fairfield: One of Bedfordshire's newest towns
- 9 Our Bedfordshire villages: 'Rural reporting has been my greatest pleasure'
- 10 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
Parker said: "I'm really pleased with my results.
"At the start of a new season you never quite know who you are going to be up against and how the bike is going to perform.
"But I'm happy with two fourth places and leading the race on Sunday, even if it didn't bring about a win. There's time for that yet though.