Ace rider Parksmakes good start
Hitchin motorcycle racer Colin Parker got off to a flying start at the opening round of the Forza Extreme race at Brands Hatch. He brought his machine home in fourth place during both of Saturday s races. Parks was pleased with Saturday s result but hop
Hitchin motorcycle racer Colin Parker got off to a flying start at the opening round of the Forza Extreme race at Brands Hatch.
He brought his machine home in fourth place during both of Saturday's races.
'Parks' was pleased with Saturday's result but hoped to improve on these results on Sunday.
He looked to be doing just that as he stormed into first place during race one but a mistake on the second lap saw him crash out.
You may also want to watch:
Due to his crash, Parker was forced to start Sunday's final race from the back of the grid in 37th place.
But there was no stopping him as he pushed through the pack, moving up to 13th place as the chequered flag fell.
- 1 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 2 Medical spa at the front of breaking down taboos about cosmetic treatments opens in Stevenage
- 3 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 4 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 5 CCTV appeal after distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 6 Have your say on future of Stevenage High Street
- 7 Youths to be questioned by police in connection with fountain foam
- 8 What you need to know about the changing divorce laws
- 9 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 10 Woman suffers cuts and bruises in pub glassing
Parker said: "I'm really pleased with my results.
"At the start of a new season you never quite know who you are going to be up against and how the bike is going to perform.
"But I'm happy with two fourth places and leading the race on Sunday, even if it didn't bring about a win. There's time for that yet though.