North Herts Hatters have completed the double in the Hitchin Sunday League - adding the Division Three Cup to their league title.

The final, played at Arlesey Town, saw the Hatters run out 4-1 winners over Lea Sports PSG.

They always looked to be well in control and by the time the game was halfway through the second half, they had built up a 3-0 lead.

Lea Sports kept battling away and managed to pull a goal back with arguably the best goal of the game but unfortunately for them, there was to be no comeback and the Hatters clinched the crown with a fourth shortly before the end.

In group A of the Subsidiary Cup, Squirrel Taverners lost 4-2 at home against Coach & Horses while in group B, GSS and The Cock fought out an entertaining 3-3 draw.

Group D saw Kimpton's disappointing campaign came to an end at the Grange with a 3-0 defeat to fellow Division Three strugglers Khoi Khoi.

It was one of their grittier performances of the season and they were unlucky to go in 1-0 down at the break after their keeper failed to deal with an in-swinging corner and the ball was smuggled over the line from close range.

Kimpton did create several chances in the first period but were unable to find the killer touch and a way past the home sides keeper, one spectacular save of note stopping a definite opening goal.

After the restart Kimpton continued from where they left off, pressing for an equaliser, but it was the Khoi’s who scored the next goal with a top quality volley from eight yards following a well taken free-kick.

Kimpton took that on the chin and continued about their business, Cal Taylor and Charlie Clee dominating the middle of the park and provided good quality chances for strikers Nick Jessop and Cameron Swinburn, one such chance resulting in the Khoi’s keeper being sent off for dangerous play and stopping a goalscoring opportunity with a reckless high challenge on Jessop outside his box.

With the numerical advantage swinging Kimpton’s way, the quest to find the goals to bring things level intensified, however, disappointingly they failed to trouble the stand-in keeper and it was the home side themselves that extended their lead further with a well taken goal with the visitors defence caught flat footed.

In the dying minutes, Kimpton player of the match Taylor came within millimetres of a consolation goal when his stunning long range effort cannoned off the crossbar, but it wasn’t to be.

In league action, there were only two games played, both in Division Two.

St Ippolyts were at home against Arlesey Town and the latter moved top of the table following a comfortable 6-1 victory.

A win in their final game of the season will see them crowned as Division Two champions.

The final game of the day saw Troll Campbell at home against Buffs with a 5-4 win moving them up to third in the table.

The Division Two Cup final takes place at Arlesey Town with the hosts battling St Ippolyts.

Kick off is at 3pm and the entry fee is £5 per person with children under 12 free.

All payments should be in cash.