As well as the standard Hitchin Sunday League games there were games played in two different cup competitions this week.

Arlesey Town faced Hitchin Rovers in the semi-final of the Division Two Cup and booked their place in the final thanks to a 3-0 victory.

In the quarter-final of the same competition St Ippolyts won 8-0 at home against Stotfold Juniors to go through to the semi-final.

In group B of the Subsidiary Cup, GSS had a tough home game against North Baldock but it was they who came out on top following a 2-1 win.

In group D, Buffs were at home against Niche with the visitors coming out as victors thanks to a solitary goal.

In league action, The Cock were at home against Sandon in Division Two and both picked up a point following a 2-2 draw.

Sandon will feel that it was two points dropped in their pursuit of the Division Two crown.

Troll Campbell moved up three places to fourth in the table as a result of their 4-2 win against Ashwell.

In Division Three Cronies were at home against Khoi Khoi and a 6-3 win sees them jump above their visitors thanks to a better goal difference.

The final game of the day saw Kimpton throw away a two goal lead in their final home league game of the season, losing 4-2 to Lea Sports PSG.

With results elsewhere going against them Kimpton have guaranteed finishing bottom of the division with one game remaining.

The home side got off to a flying start netting twice in the first seven minutes.

Firstly, full-back Corey Jode poked home from close range following a corner and just two minutes later, player-manager Chris Burniston won a foot race in the six-yard box to squeeze the ball over the line, putting the Blues in a strong position.

The visitors struggled to make an impact at the other end for the majority of the first period but with one lapse of concentration in the last minute before the break, Lea Sports reduced the deficit with a well-taken goal.

After the restart the visitors dominated the play creating numerous chances which were either blasted well wide or matched by the heroics of stand-in keeper Nick Jessop.

However, just before the hour mark the Kimpton defence was caught flat footed and Lea Sports levelled the scores.

In the final 30 minutes, Kimpton failed to trouble the visiting keeper further and allowed Lea Sports to score twice more, taking away all three points and thus completing a miserable home campaign for the villagers and securing the worst league finish in the club's history.