Letchworth and Hitchin both eased to good victories - albeit in very different circumstances.

The Legends opted for a devastating central approach in their 25-15 success at Rochford Hundred in Regional One South East, with neither Jake Allen or new boy Kaz Henderson on the wings getting many touches.

The visitors were on the front foot from the start, Tom Lewis and man of the match Llewelyn Jones relishing their carries which cut through the home team's defence.

It was Jones who made the crucial break for the opening score, feeding Harvey  Howman who in turn released Lewis.

Josh Sharp kicked the conversion and then a penalty for a 10-0 lead.

Jones was instantly back on the ball and cutting through the defence.

It won a penalty that was put into the corner from where Letchworth barrelled over, Max Heathman getting the final touch and Sharp landing the kick again.

The Legends then completed a superb first 40 minutes with Lewis emerging from a gaggle of forwards for try number three.

Sharp missed the kick but at 22-0, Letchworth were almost out of sight.

Knocks to Lewis and  Jones meant that they didn’t appear after the break Rochford came out with renewed vigour.

The next 20 minutes belonged to the hosts with a yellow card to prop Ben Wilkinson for a high tackle not helping Letchworth's cause.

It brought three tries but crucially none were converted, Sharp showing them how it was done with another three points.

The final 10 minutes though were played out in the hone half as the Legends made sure there would be no late drama.

Hitchin meanwhile got their first away win of the season in Counties One Herts Middlesex with a 29-12 success at Ruislip.

And they did so with a mixture of penalties and expansive rugby.

They made the best possible start on three minutes, skipper James Bolter darting through a gap and making 20 metres before passing to Callum Cload to go round the full-back and score.

They fell behind though as Ruislip came back into the contest, Hitchin twice falling off tackles to allow Adam Stone the score.

That was duly converted to put Ruislip in front but Hitchin's Ben Wiggins came close to scoring, fly hacking through his own kick and narrowly losing the chase to the loose ball over the try line.

He did land a penalty from the 22 to put them in front at half-time, another penalty sliding wide on 38 minutes.

Playing uphill in the second half, Hitchin made a poor start, and would have conceded had the Ruislip winger not knocked on when unopposed five metres out.

That shocked Hitchin into action and a spell of 15 minutes of excellent play ultimately decided the match in their favour.

Bolter feinted a pass and Dan Wiggins found Simon Taylor on a hard line, stretching out to cross the line.

A line-out inside the 22 went from the right wing to the posts before Ben Wiggins lifted a short pass to Ruiri Shanahan at full pace for try number three.

The bonus point score was secured soon after, Dan Wiggins dinking through a delicate kick that evaded two defenders, allowing Cload to hack through and get his second.

Ben Wiggins converted all three tries to give Hitchin a 29-7 lead and Ruislip could only manage one score in their comeback attempt, an overload on the final play.