There was another win for one of the all-conquering sides at Blueharts Hockey Club.

The men’s second team made it eight wins from eight in Division Two South West of the East Hockey League as they won 7-1 against Shefford & Sandy.

James Morris led the way with a hat-trick with Matt Maylin, Nick Ross, Kyle Watson and Chris Nicholls getting the other and another starring role from youngster Jamie Williams.

The first team lost 3-2 to a very late goal from league leaders Chelmsford. Graham Burr scored both of the Blueharts goals.

Jack Bayford made a return to hockey after a seven year-absence but couldn’t prevent the thirds losing 1-0 to Rickmansworth while the fourths drew 3-3 with Harpenden, two goals coming from Gillan Ide and one from Nick Buckland.

It was a day to remember for youngster Rory Williams, brother of the seconds' Jamie, as he marked only his second match for the fifths with two well-taken goals against Welwyn, his first adult goals for the club.

Paul Krishman’s treble helped the sixths to a 6-1 win over Saffron Walden counterparts, Simon Little (two) and Jake Sudweeks getting the others, but the sevenths lost 9-1 to Bengal Tigers, Andy Devey getting the only goal.

The ladies' first-team lost 4-0 at home to Cambridge University, Annie Nicholls the player of the match, and that award went to Lara Wildon for the seconds as they drew 1-1 with Harpenden, Kate Sherwood on target for Blueharts.

Josie Layton got two as the thirds won 2-1 against Saffron Walden but goals from Kat McLarty and Alice Winton weren’t enough for the fourths as they lost 5-2 at Luton Town.

There were defeats for the fifths against Saffron Walden and the sixths versus Harpenden, despite a goal from Danielle Flood.

Lyla Thomson-Wells was also on the scoresheet for the sevenths as they lost 4-1 at Shefford & Sandy.

On Sunday, the Ladies 1s had a 5-3 defeat against Norwich City but the over-35 side had a thumping 6-0 win over Welwyn Garden City.

However, the over-40 men were beaten on penalty flicks after a 2-2 draw with Hertford.

The Comet: Bec McGrellis and Simon Russell of Stevenage Hockey Club. Pictures: RICHARD ELLISBec McGrellis and Simon Russell of Stevenage Hockey Club. Pictures: RICHARD ELLIS (Image: Richard Ellis)

Over at Stevenage Hockey Club, the ladies' first team lost 2-0 to Bishop's Stortford but the seconds won 4-3 against Rickmansworth, something the fourths and fifths could not manage.

The thirds managed to frustrate Bedford with a 1-1 draw, only the second time the league leading hosts had been denied victory this season.

Stevenage had taken the lead through Bec McGrellis in their first real attack but although Bedford equalised before the break, the visitors' defence stood firm in the second half, the player of the match award going to goalkeeper Lisa who had a very busy but very successful 70 minutes.

Over in the men's section, the first team were in imperious form as they romped to a 7-0 win at home to Hertford.

And not only was it back-to-back wins for them, there was a second successive hat-trick for Aiden Parker.

Niall Trimble and Mike Oliver also scored in the first period, with the latter going on to grab a second after the interval.

Paul Spicer got the other goal with a great run and finish and the clean sheet and man of the match performance from Dougie Closs added the cherry on top of the cake.

The fourths matched that result as they won at home to Hertford.

Iain McLean returned after a few years away while Joe Gore played centre-half for the first time and they chipped in with three goals, two of them for the former.

Saad Huda , James Smith and Simon Russell got the others.

Harry Burrett and John Mould scored for the seconds as they lost 9-2 to Potters Bar and the thirds were also defeated, going down 3-1 at St Albans.

Richard Brendish got the only goal in the second half.