Arlesey Town were cruelly robbed of a place in the second round of the FA Vase after a penalty shoot-out defeat to Eynesbury Rovers.

Josh Helmore had fired them into the lead in first-half stoppage time only for Eynesbury to level in the first minutes of the second half, leaving the tie level at 1-1 after 90 minutes.

Eynesbury missed their first penalty in the shoot-out but after Arlesey had scored their first two attempts, they missed their next two, with Rovers edging through 4-2.

Speaking on Twitter, Blues manager Nick Brown said: "The boys battled well against a physical, long ball team.

"Penalties is always a lottery and it's gutting to lose in that fashion."

Adam Turner was given the man of the match award and the boss was impressed with his young charge.

Brown added: "Adam had a great game today, solid throughout and was calm and collected on the ball.

"He adapted well after the injury change and some of his link-up play got us into dangerous areas up the pitch."

Letchworth Eagles had a day to forget in Division One of the Spartan South Midlands League, losing 7-0 at home to unbeaten league leaders, Northampton ON Chenecks.

Baldock Town were without a game in the Premier Division but did play in the week, with seven goals appearing in the final score there too.

This time the Reds got the win, beating Shefford Town & Campton 7-2.

BJ Christie scored twice, the striker on loan from Biggleswade Town as he continues to recover from injury, while Brandon Carney, Harry Dollimore, Flavius Drescanu, Dempsey Thomas and Archie O'Brien got the others.

Stotfold drew 1-1 away to Ware in Southern League Division One Central.

Haroon Meriai put them in front in the very first minute but Ware, who had Darion Furlong sent off just before half-time, levelled on 62 minutes through Ramiah Mills.

Hitchin Town meanwhile were beaten 2-1 away to Bromsgrove Sporting in the Premier Division Central.

The Canaries thought they had rescued a point late on too, only to be beaten by an even later winner.

Bromsgrove had gone into half-time a goal up, Keanu Cooper tapping home from six yards, but Finley Wilkinson grabbed an equaliser on on 87 minutes, capitalising when a corner was not cleared properly.

However, in the sixth minute of injury time, a cross into the Hitchin box saw Elliott Ball head home to secure the three points.