Chells Rovers made sure they took the big shiny pot home with them again after retaining the Hitchin Sunday League Carl Couzens Challenge Cup.

They did it the hard way in the in the final, racing into a 3-0 lead over AC Malone by half-time.

And they could have more than the strikes from AJ Taitt, Luis Mitchell and Josh Terry, Malone keeper Dan Garcia saving an early penalty.

But after the break Malone roused themselves and reduced the deficit by one midway through the half, Will Payne on target.

Jensen Martin then set up the grandstand finish before the end but Chells hung on to claim a 3-2 victory.

In Division One, St Ippolyts had a good 5-1 win at home against Atletico 99 while FC Emperors Head continued their good run of form with a 3-0 win away to Arlesey Town.

There was a double header between The Cock and Fairfield Park, The Cock came out 3-1 winners in game one and 2-1 in the second.

There was a top of the table clash between FC Inter Malone and North Baldock in Division Two, with the 3-0 win for the latter guaranteeing them promotion.

They could also clinch the title in their very first season by claiming four points from their final three games.

Malone could have spoilt the party when they were awarded a penalty in the 24th minute, but Will Clarke made a superb stop.

Three minutes later Baldock were in front after Elliot Flynn raced past a few challenges and put it into the far corner.

The second came 10 minutes into the second half, Joe Fantom flicking the ball over a defender’s head and volleying it home, and he then capped the day off with a third 10 minutes from time.

Feed Up Warm Up and Lea Sports PSG picked up a point in a 3-3 draw while GSS managed to get double figures as they beat Hitchin Rovers 10-3.

North Herts Hatters lost by the odd goal in three against Saint Evenage and Squirrel Taverners went goal crazy by winning 13-0 at home against Kimpton.

A double header between Almond Tree and Stotfold Juniors saw the Tree win 6-3 in both games, moving them into second place.