For once the form book was kept inside the window as Chells Rovers advanced to the semi-final of the Hitchin Sunday League Carl Couzens Challenge Cup.

Rovers are now fourth in Division One but have six games in hand on the leaders and have won eight and drawn one of their 10 matches.

They got the better of ninth-placed Fairfield Park at home, winning 4-1.

In the division itself, Arlesey Town lost 3-0 at home against Atletico 99 while Engineers Arms won 2-0 against bottom side Buffs.

Ashwell remain second from bottom after a 3-1 loss to FC Emperors Head but the gap up to St Ippolyts is now four points after the latter drew 1-1 at home to Sandon.

Leaders Coach & Horses played AC Malone in a double header with both ended in draws.

In the first game Coach & Horses had a 1-0 half-time lead and they were 3-1 up with 15 minutes to go.

But Vinay Virdee reduced the deficit and Will Payne ensure a point each with a header five minutes from time.

Tyrone Brooks had got Malone's first.

The second game again saw C&H go in front before Malone scored another late equaliser through Jenson Martin.

The two points lifted Malone up to third ahead of Chells.

In Division Two

FC Inter Malone remain top of Division Two after a 5-2 win over Stotfold Juniors and Hitchin Rovers are now second after beating Feed Up Warm Up 2-1.

Kimpton had not just another home defeat but another 5-1 battering, this time at the hands of FC Kings.

Sam Bennett had levelled from a Chris Burniston cross after Kings had scored from the penalty spot.

But Kings retook the lead just before half-time and it was one-way traffic in the second with a further three goals.

Squirrel Taverners had the biggest win of the day when they beat Khoi Khoi 6-0.

Injury had reduced the latter to 10 men in the second half and that only compounded the pressure.

Kyle Young put them ahead from Dan Bond's cross and Bond was again involved, with the help of Finley Cole, as Young made it two.

The O'Briens made it three, Kieran finding Freddie, and the Bond-Young combination worked again to give the latter his hat-trick.

Dennison Crook volleyed in the fifth before he converted a penalty for number six.

Lea Sports PSG and Almond Tree picked up a point each following their 2-2 draw.

North Herts Hatters and Troll Campbell faced each other in a double header.

The first game finished in a 1-1 stalemate but Troll Campbell took the honours in the second, winning 2-1.

Another double header between GSS and Saint Evenage saw one win each.

A brace from Marcus Dolby and one from Peter Gurney made it 3-2 to GSS in game one but Saint Evenage turned the tables in the second with a 1-0 success.


Hitchin Sunday League results (March 5)

Hitchin Sunday League Carl Couzens Challenge Cup quarter-final: Fairfield Park 1 Chells Rovers 4.

Hitchin Sunday League Division One: Arlesey Town 0 Atletico 99 3; Engineers Arms 2 Buffs 0; St Ippolyts 1 Sandon 1; FC Emperors Head 3 v 1 Ashwell 1; Coach & Horses 3 v 3 AC Malone 3; AC Malone 1 v 1 Coach & Horses 1.

Hitchin Sunday League Division Two: FC Inter Malone 5 Stotfold Juniors 2; Feed Up Warm Up 1 Hitchin Rovers 2; Kimpton 1 FC Kings 5; Lea Sports PSG 2 Almond Tree 2; Squirrel Taverners 6 Khoi Khoi 0; North Herts Hatters 1 Troll Campbell 1; Troll Campbell 2 North Herts Hatters 2; GSS 3 Saint Evenage 2; Saint Evenage 1 GSS 0.