Hitchin recorded a first away win of the season at the sixth time of asking - and they did it in style too.

The 45-11 success at Hampstead in Counties One Herts Middlesex came after they conceded the first points, a penalty in front of the posts.

They conceded another three shortly after but by the time they were breached for the hosts' first try, they had put 30 points on the board.

Ben Wiggins kicked a penalty to get them going before they got their first try, Ian Crompton finding centre partner Simon Taylor on a loop before scooting round the home full-back.

Hitchin, who gave a debut to 18-year-old flanker Ed Burbidge, didn't score again until five minutes from the interval, James Bolter picking up from the bottom of a ruck two metres out and plunging over the line.

The second half began in similar with fashion with the Hedgehogs showing a clinical side.

Taylor broke through the Hampstead line and set off on a dazzling 80-metre run before he was eventually brought down.

Two phases later though, Crompton found the gap.

A clever decoy line from Glynn Hughes put Crompton into space and he executed a simple two-on-one by putting Bertrand Debeuf in for the bonus point.

Wiggins kicked ahead a minute later and after re-gathering the ball, he gave Fred Rooney the chance to add try number five.

It was at this point Hampstead got their only try but Hitchin were not done.

Bolter and Taylor combined for Phil Ryan to score try number six and number seven was almost a carbon copy, the pair again setting up Ryan to score in the right corner.

Taylor was involved in the final try on the last play, as was Jon Welsford and Wiggins, with Rooney getting his second score.

Hitchin stay fifth in the table and will look to make it back-to-back road successes when they go to Welwyn, the side directly below them in the standings, on Saturday.

Letchworth meanwhile have promotion firmly in their sights after a 16th win of the season in Regional Two Anglia.

The 52-10 victory over Woodford at Legends Lane saw them move eight points clear of Eton Manor in second and nine ahead of Southend Saxons in third.

Only five games remain for the trio.

Letchworth bagged eight tries in total but only three before the break.

Luke Mongston got the first, added to by Josh Sharp, but Woodford pulled five back shortly after.

Samson Ma'asi and Will Titherington would get five of the Legends eight between them and they combined for try number two, the former feeding the latter.

Ma'asi would score the next one though after another great line break, just before half-time, and Josh Staddon received the pass from Titherington to dance over in the corner.

Sharp added the extras to this one.

Rick Streets came on and made an instant impact, putting Titherington in for his second, and minutes later a delicate chip from Sharp was seized upon by Ma'asi who got his brace.

Woodford took this moment to get their second try but it would not be the last say of the day.

Tatenda Gurure broke out before passing it to Titherington who fed Maasi for a well-deserved hat-trick.

Streets finished the game off with an unconventional chip falling kindly for him.