It was a good weekend for rugby union clubs in north Herts as Letchworth, Hitchin and Stevenage Town all won.

Letchworth recorded a 36-0 success at home to Chelmsford to move back to the top of Regional Two Anglia, four points clear of Southend Saxons who lost to Eton Manor.

The latter are no third, eight points behind the Legends with six games to go.

Tom Lewis got the home side off to the perfect start, crashing over from short range after three minutes, Josh Sharp converting, and seven minutes later Adam Amos followed him over the whitewash.

Chelmsford did rally but while they got into the 22 of Letchworth on a couple of occasions, they didn't ever truly threaten the line.

And by half-time, the hosts had a third score, Tatenda Gurure sliding over in the corner at the Baldock end.

Sharp landed this conversion.

Letchworth were having a mixed time of it at the set-piece. They were dominant in the scrum but the line-out was misfiring.

Richard Streets was grasping his opportunity and start though with a some straight and hard running up the middle and the scrums were at least giving the hosts more of the possession.

Lewis should have got a second but his control at the back of a runaway pack just let him down at the final moment.

It was only a short reprieve for the visitors though as the bonus point came on 48 minutes through Luke Mongston, Sharp's kick taking the score to 26-0.

Two more unconverted tries finished the day off, Oscar Robinson and Will Titherington getting them, and the clean sheet will be a welcome sight to coach Baz Basra.

Letchworth start their final half-dozen games run-in at home to seventh-placed Woodford on Saturday.

And on paper it is a good finish to the year with only two of the final six games against sides currently in the top six.

Hitchin stayed fifth in Counties One Herts Middlesex with a 49-10 win over Ruislip.

The success featured nine-tries in total and made amends for the 27-12 loss in north west London back in October.

The visitors to Old Hale Way got the first points as well but by half-time the Hedgehogs had roared into a 32-5 lead.

It wasn't quite as fluid after the break but they still added another three tries and there was plenty of flair over the piece to warm the supporters.

Armel Baufume got three and there was a brace from Phil Ryan, one coming after a magical offload from Bertie Debeuf who also scored.

Simon Taylor, Dan Wiggins and Jonny Robertson, with his first try for the first-team, completed the win, Ben Wiggins adding two conversions.

They go to Hampstead on Saturday.

The second team had added to the joy with a 26-17 win over Hertford.

Stevenage Town took on Ampthill at North Road and returned a 33-10 victory.

It had been 12-5 at the break after conceding a try on the stroke of half time but they pressed on after the interval, showing a clinical edge to pull further clear.