It was a great weekend for the Hitchin Sunday League as 13 teams made it through to round three of the Herts FA Sunday Junior Cup.

Fairfield Park were at home against Green Rangers and had an emphatic 10-1 win.

Atletico 99 were victorious when they travelled to face Hatfield Seniors Res, winning 6-2.

St Evanage were against another Herts Ad Sunday League side and won through in an 11-goal thriller at TNF, the match finishing 6-5.

FC Kings also had an away game and faced Bullys Crusaders Sunday.

With the scores level at 2-2 after normal time the tie had to be decided by a penalty shoot-out and it was Kings who held their nerve to go through 5-4.

Ashwell were away against Hertfordshire Vets and also had to take part in the lottery of a penalty shoot-out after the game finished 3-3.

Unfortunately, for Ashwell they crashed out of the competition losing the shoot-out 5-4.

There was no trouble for Chells Rovers who were at home against Markyate Sunday and won by an amazing 13-0 score.

The Albion lost their home game 3-1 against Bishops Stortford Swifts Sunday.

Despite conceding twice GSS booked their place in the next round after winning 5-2 away against Cuffley Tigers, the same score that saw Almond Tree win away to White Hart.

AC Malone travelled to play Landrovers Reserves and found themselves a goal down after 10 minutes through an own goal by Jensen Martin.

He made amends within five minutes with a great effort from 30 yards.

That was saved but the rebound was tucked away by Will Payne.

Kane Stanton then crossed for Ben Montanaro to score at the back post, giving Malone a 2-1 lead at the interval.

The second half saw Landrovers get an early equaliser from a corner but AC then dominated the last 40 minutes, creating several chances.

They did eventually get a deserved winner when Lewis Archer swung over a corner into the back post and Luke Stanton headed into the top corner for a 3-2 win.

There was an all HSL clash between Troll Campbell and Sandon which finished 2-2 but saw Troll keep their nerve to win 3-2 in the shoot-out.

Feed Up Warm Up are through to the third round thanks to a 4-2 win at home against Hemel Saracens.

FC St Johns produced a stunning comeback away to Woo United.

Gavin Stevens had put  them in front but with 15 minutes to go, they found themselves 4-1 down.

However, late goals from Ben Moulding and two from Jake Thomas, his second coming with a header in the last seconds of the game, set up a penalty shoot-out.

St John’s stand-in goalkeeper Charlie Marshall saved a penalty which then left Thomas to convert his and win the game.

Buffs trip to face Royston Rangers Res turned out to be beneficial as they recorded a 2-0 victory.

The final cup game saw Emperors Head win 5-0 at home against Hemel Harriers.

There was some league action too.

In Division One Coach & Horses maintained their position at the top of the table with a victory at home against The Cock.

After a very slow first half from both teams with half chances at best for both the second half saw the Coach start to get a grip on the game and hold most of the possession.

Just before the hour mark Jordan Leach Levy managed to get on the end of a cross from Tiz and slot the ball pass the Cock’s goal keeper.

After the goal Coach and Horses had a lot of possession and The Cock tried to hit them on the counter attacker which in the 90th minute almost paid off but the Cock’s striker fluffed his lines and Matt Warren saved the one on one to secure the crucial three points.

St Ippolyts lost 2-1 against Engineers Arms in what was sometimes a feisty game.

Engineers scored twice in the first half but the second half, particularly the last 20 minutes, belonged to St Ippolyts who can count themselves rather unfortunate that they only managed to pull one back.

Lea Sports PSG won 6-2 at home against Kimpton in Division Two.

North Herts Hatters and North Baldock picked up a point each following their 3-3 draw.

The final game of the day saw Hitchin Rovers suffer their first league defeat of the season at home against Squirrel Taverners.

In the first half, Daniel Bond latched on to an Olly Bannister through ball and coolly finished.

Later on in the half he doubled the Taverners lead with another well taken goal, this time from a Dennison Crook pass.

Squirrel then held out in the second half and some strong defensive work gave them the hard fought victory.


Results (November 13)

Herts Sunday Junior Cup second round: Fairfield Park 10 Green Rangers 1; Hatfield Seniors Reserves 2 Atletico '99 6; TNF 5 Saint Evenage 6; Bullys Crusaders Sunday 2 FC Kings 2 (Kings win 5-4 on pens); Hertfordshire Vets 3 Ashwell 3 (Vets won 5-4 on pens); Chells Rovers 13 Markyate Sunday 0; The Albion 1 Bishops Stortford Swifts 3; Cuffley Tigers 2 GSS 5; White Hart 2 Almond Tree 5; Landrover Res 2 AC Malone 3; Troll Campbell 2 Sandon 2 (Troll Campbell won 3-2 on pens); Feed Up Warm Up 4 Hemel Saracens 2; Woo United 4 FC St Johns 4 (St Johns won 5-4 on pens); Royston Rangers Res 0 Buffs 2; Emperors Head 5 Hemel Harriers 0.

Hitchin Sunday League Division One: Coach & Horses 1 The Cock 0; St Ippolyts 1 Engineers Arms 2.

Hitchin Sunday League Division Two: Lea Sports PSG 6 Kimpton 2; North Herts Hatters 3 North Baldock 3; Hitchin Rovers 0 Squirrel Taverners 2.